Mid November DYKs???
Sun, 11-13-2011 - 9:52am

Check in ladies.

It's very quiet around here, lately!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-18-2011 - 9:46am

DYK

...Kelley, I hope Noah is better and the fever didn't last long?

...that is not fun?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-18-2011 - 9:46am
OH and forgot to say LOVE the siggy Karol:)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-20-2011 - 5:14am
DID YOU KNOW????

Been really busy around here
I've been getting lots of work & it's getting pretty old!!
Since this client had a stroke he has become a 2 person job & I keep being put with the most incompetent people!!
There are a few of us who are his main carers & then the others who are the extras to help with the lifting
Trouble is they don't seem to have any initiative to jump in & see when something needs doing, a lot of the time I'd be better off by myself!!
Tomorrow won't be so bad as I'm the '2nd' to the person who trained me, so we work pretty well together
Addison has been to his first meeting at the disability job agency, I went with & we filled in all the paperwork & made short, medium & longterm goals
The guy was really good with him & has worked with kids like him before & was able to work with the wandering concentration
The plan now is to work on a resume, I know that's going to be a creative process with the lack of experience & questionable school attendance & application!
Eloise is doing ok, it's getting very close to concert time, so the teachers are impossible!!!
They are so rude to the kids & there is not a darn thing we can do about it without jeapordising their ace in the dance!!!!
She is also sooooo hormonal!!!! She is just a mess a lot of the time!!!
School is winding down & she's ready for a break!!
As you might have seen in my statuses it has been a big week in our suburb
On Friday the local nursing home burnt to the ground
The outpouring of community spirit was amazing with Maccas donating meals, supermarkets donating fruit, milk, cookies & water & locals just turning up with sandwiches
Our church was used as a triage centre & somewhere to take the survivors who just needed to be placed in other nursing homes
Church tonight was a somber affair as the man accused of lighting the fire was not only a nurse at the home, but a member of our congregation
It is so hard to reconcile a man I have spoken to with Someone who could endanger so many lives!!!!
6 are now dead with around 10 more elderly residents in intensive care & most of them unlikely to survive!!
The road, one of the main ones into & out of our suburb, was blocked for 20 hours & is still pretty clogged with police vehicles, fire engines & journalists
It's going to be a long time before things are back to normal around here!!!
Well, I'd better go & do some sewing
Sorry to be so self centred!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-20-2011 - 5:19am
Sorry, doing this on my phone & I can't see most of what I've typed!!

I forgot to say it was the dance teachers that are impossible!!

Also. Should have said "without jeapordising their PLACE in the dance"!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-20-2011 - 10:13am

DYK

...Helen, that is absolutely horrible about the nursing home?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-20-2011 - 2:12pm

Yay!!! Only two days of school for the girls this week?

Then we are headed to VB for Thanksgiving and the annual day after Thanksgiving shopping trip with my sisters!?

Fun times?

It was a good weekend?

Lily had a party Friday night. Shelly had one yesterday afternoon?

Lily and I went to Justice and Target while Shelly was at the party?

John went to a friend’s mountain house on Thursday and got back yesterday afternoon?

So, last night we went out for a steak dinner?

The girls just left for another party at a pottery place?

I am doing laundry, cleaning bathrooms, getting dinner ready, and hanging out while they are gone?

John’s golfing?

It is a gorgeous day here in NC in November---72 degrees, sunny, and a light breeze! Awesome?

Well, I am off to complete my chores?

Have a perfect Sunday!?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-21-2011 - 9:09am

DYK...

...Christol, I'm proud of you for not ripping that dumb arse coach's head off?

...wth?

...and that dad...as you'd say...ish!!

...sorry you have to deal with that...I've found most other parents are complete, raging idiots, and this guy is definitely the one?

...and showing up 15 minutes late to pictures, when he clearly spent that time driving through a coffee shop drive-up window...yeah...what a douche?

...and I was just thinking, as I was reading your post...how much I've learned about hockey because of you?

...I clearly need to fill Mariah in on hockey so she can start becoming a fan...you know, for when she and Max are married?

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-21-2011 - 10:20am

DYk

...Karol, your weekends always sound so lovely?

...and your weather, yeah, JEALOUS?

...Missi, I don't do well with little sleep either but I get emotional?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-21-2011 - 12:59pm

Christol, I'm waiting to hear the hockey reply.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-21-2011 - 2:30pm

Well, that did not go well.

Photobucket