...where has November gone?

...tell us about your Thanksgiving?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-30-2009 - 8:16am

DYK...

...Marie, sorry to hear about the reaction?

...scary, scary.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-30-2009 - 8:55am

DYK...

...I've had Marie and her nightmarish episode on the brain?

...I'm so sorry that's happened again?

...so glad Chance was there?

...but I have confidence that your girls will be ok and know what to do, should it ever happen when you're not there?

...what did they say when they got you to the ER?

...Kelley, I'm glad you got your water fixed?

...my kitchen sink faucet went out the day after Thanksgiving?

...we think some mineral deposits broke loose in the body of it, so I got a new faucet?

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-30-2009 - 11:17am

Did you know...

...glad they got the water thing fixed finally Kelley?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-30-2009 - 11:53am

DYK????

Helen, good to see you here. So sorry to hear that Eloise got the shaft on the whole awards part of dance?

Kelley, so good that Frank called about the water and it was repaired quickly after that?

Missi, how cool that you got a new camera! Sounds like it might be good to hang on to it for her for later and then get Mariah a point and shoot?

How is Natalie?

Marie, I am so spooked by your episode. Thank goodness Chance was there and you got help?

Carmen, how is sweet Layla doing?

We had a great time in Virginia Beach. I absolutely hated leaving?

We spent lots of time with my sister's family, my dad, and John's siblings. So, so fun?

My sisters and I went shopping for a few hours on Black Friday and got a couple of good deals?

We worked on sorting my mom's clothes and jewelry. It was a rather large endeavor. There were tears and some tense moments, but overall it went fine?

I just love my dad so much...thought I'd throw that in there?

We got back home last night at 5:00. I made dinner, did two loads of laundry, put away stuff, made brownies (Ghiradelli Ultimate fudge...the best box brownies ever!), organized the girls for school, had showers, sorted through some of my jewelry and then finally sat down? lol

I am planning to continue straightening up the house and then take the girls to gymnastics tonight?

Hope you ladies are doing well?

Anyone shopping on Cyber Monday? If so, what did you find?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 9:06am

Did you know...

...I'm fighting the good fight against a cold?

...I could use a massage?

...and about 20 hours of sleep?

...positive thinking and Zicam doesn't appear to be working;)?

...Karol, your weekend sounded nice?

...tough to go through your Mom's stuff I'm sure?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 11:28am

DYK...

We had a nice Thanksgiving.

My mom and grandma came over. I made my first turkey and it turned out perfectly!

We had a really nice day.

My friend, Cathy, stayed with us Wednesday through Sunday. (The one whose girls I watched this summer) She was court ordered to bring her girls back to MI for Thanksgiving weekend to spend it with her ex husband. It was a mess. Her ex is a delusional jerk. Oh I don't think I told you guys that they moved to St. Louis a few weeks ago to be near her family.

So it was nice visiting with her without her kids. She is a completely different person. I honestly think that she needs some parenting counseling and some medication. That sounds terrible but she needs some help. Her husband is the one who was deported to Mexico in 2007. He can't come back to the US legally until 2018. She went to visit him in August and guess what, she's pregnant with her 4th child now. She has two daughters from her previous marriage and one daughter with her husband and one on the way. So yeah, tough times for her.

I just said WHEW because I had to call the unemployment phone line for my payment this week. I have to report every 2 weeks. I'm on my last extension. It was just issued on the 15th. I was hoping there wouldn't be a delay with my payment. And there is not. Yay!

I have 14 weeks left. It works out perfectly. Regina is going back to school after Christmas break so I will be here the whole time to help her and I will be home for Christmas. I'm so glad. It's so stressful working through the holidays with kids.

Tomorrow, Regina has a WIC appointment and an appointment with her counselor at school. I think though when she wakes up I'm going to tell her that she should reschedule one of them. It's really hard on her and the baby going out right now. (She said she'll reschedule the counselor)

She had her 2 week post c-section appointment on the 24th and I totally spaced it. Duh. So now she has to go Thursday.

Rhiannon's eyesight is getting bad again so now she has an appointment on the 15th. Sheesh. I feel like a secretary lately. lol

I am my kids' personal assistant and now Layla's too.

Kelley, UGH on the water leak! I'm glad it is fixed. I have a leak underneath my sink in the kitchen. I have the dish tub underneath to catch the water. It only leaks sometimes though. I need to tell my landlords but I will wait awhile since technically they are my friends first. They just had to shell out almost $2000 to fix the roof.

Missi, glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving and that your food turned out good. :)

What size digital frame are you looking for? I saw some big ones in an ad and thought they were pretty cool. You know like artwork size? They're expensive though.

I think you should just let Mariah use your old camera. Except she won't be able to take it places with her. Kwim? You can get a pretty good point and shoot camera for pretty cheap.

Christol, love Max's new hat! I wonder if Joey would wear one. I am always worried about his head being cold.

Rhiannon is now "too cool" to wear a hat. Any ideas for a hat that she will wear?

I hope you're winning the fight against your cold.

I hope Claire's dance goes well! It will! :)

Karol, glad to hear you had a nice time with your family. Going through the belongings of a lost loved is so hard. (((Hugs)))

I didn't do any Cyber Monday shopping. I would have loved to though.

Well I had better go. A Christmas decoration tornado went through our house. I need to get all the totes put away.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 8:31am

DYK...

...Marie, did you find out anything from your doctor?

...Laurie, you missed Monday?

...Karol, your weekend home sounded nice?

...tough sorting through loved ones things?

...Trey's mom called me the other night.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 9:23am

DYK...

Kelley, I hope Noah and Frank feel better soon.

Interesting about the onion, I've never heard that. I think onions stink so bad though.

You ladies want to know something embarrassing?

My water just got shut off. Doh!

I have never had a utility get shut off before.

Apparently, a shut off notice was sent for Nov. 18th. I can't find it anywhere.

If I go pay this morning, they'll turn it back on today. It's only a $10 fee, thankfully!

Just thought I'd share my duh moment. How embarrassing!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 9:29am

Did you know...

...very cool about the check Kelley?

...must be fun to have extra money?

...sorry Noah and Frank have colds?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 9:36am

...Carmen, that almost happened to Alanna this summer?

...she says that is the only bill she always forgets to pay and it's because it comes at a different time then the rest of her bills are due?

...she also missed the "turn off" bill?

...but saw the guy in

Photobucket

Pages