QOTD

iVillage Member
QOTD
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 8:42am

I just heard Girls, Girls, Girls on the radio and it flashed me back to a hot summer day in the late 80s, driving to Duluth for the weekend.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: crit99
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 10:44am
Oh my gosh, the list of 80s songs that take me right back are endless:

Like a Virgin
Little Red Corvette
Pulling Mussels from a Shell
Jack and Diane
Rock the Casbah
Rock This Town
Shake it Up
Don't Stand So Close to Me

Greatest music ever---the 80s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really my list could go on and on!!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 6:53am

In high school, right before prom, they would make us watch this video about drunk driving.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 10:51am
So many...
Top Gun ~ Danger Zone takes me back to upper elementary school summers spent at the pool

Vanilla Ice ~ Ice Ice baby takes me to the 2 years we lived in Alabama

Reba ~ Fancy...8th grade, singing this at the top of my lungs with my friend Kelly

Garth Brooks ~ Papa Loved Mama (hey, I was raised in a hick town, what can I say?? lol) takes me to 8th grade...driving my dad's old work trucks with my other friend Kelli through the field that surrounds our house. Getting stuck...hoofing it back to the house to have my dad dig us out, repeatedly.

Warrant and Skid Row ~ Freshman year in high school...homecoming and prom.

Can you Feel the Love Tonight, from Lion King ~ my first date with Gerad.

Many, many more that would remind me of sitting in the lifeguard chair, watching all the little hometown drama unfold. LOL

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 10:53am
Oh my gosh...the Tarzan soundtrack takes me back to when Natalie was a baby. It was Mariah's favorite movie, and with a newborn and a 4 year old, it got played a lot. Happy, happy memories with that one. :)