QOTD

iVillage Member
QOTD
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 8:38am

If someone gave you their work password to adjust something several months ago, would you continue to use that password when it served you?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: crit99
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 9:02am
Absolutely not.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 12:02pm

No way.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 1:41pm
I admit, I'd be tempted, but I know I never would. I'm not much of a risk taker. ;)
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 2:03pm
I have Alanna's FB password and have used it randomly if I want to check something, like when I checked the May kids but she knows, she doesn't care and I don't "do" anything or read any of her stuff. For that matter I guess I know almost all of her passwords and it would never occur to me to look at her stuff.

But what this question related to was the head counselor here at work. I gave him my password back in August when I had to be gone and was unreachable. I told him that the password was a one time weekend kind of thing. I am the only one in the building that can up the numbers on class sizes, among other things. Well, I logged on Monday and found 3 classes with raised class sizes which is not OK for 2nd semester...that's why I'm the only one who has access. I changed my password immediately and he had the nerve to come and say, "you changed your password" and I said, "yes I did. You weren't supposed to use it more than that day I gave it to you" and he said, "what's the big deal". I said, "the big deal is that MY name is attached to everything that is done, NOT yours". He huffed out of my office. I am furious but my bad for trusting I guess.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 4:36pm
Wow. So wrong on his part. I'm glad you found out before he did anything really dumb.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 9:04am
Oh wow!!! That's terrible!!!

I know my sister's password to facebook, and I assume it's her password to other things as well. It honestly has never occurred to me to use it. If the need arises, I'd talk to her, and I know she'd give me her blessing, so I view that as you and Alanna's scenario, somewhat. When some stuff with her daughter was going down, she wanted me to log in under her name so I could see it all, and I refused. I mean, it's one thing to log in to my kids' accounts and check on them (there's little I won't do, if I feel they're being threatened) but they KNOW it comes with the territory, and I'm not sneaking. My niece is a very private girl, and I know, even though she'd never admit it openly, she'd probably never trust me again if she found out I did that. I respect her privacy, and I hope someday, when she can't talk to her mom about something, that she'll talk to me. :)