iVillage Member
In reply to: crit99
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 9:36am
Have your kids went to see him yet?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 10:45am
Have your kids went to see him yet? Will they? Yep..did a "do over" at the zoo on Saturday and we were 3rd in line.
Are they still believing? Alora and Arionna, yes. We did tell Kaylee that he wasn't real when she was 12, because I didn't want her to be teased (she was teased for SO many things...didn't want to add to it!). But, we make it special for her by letting her help with Santa.
What did/will they ask for? Alora wants a guitar (not happening) and Arionna asked for jingle bells (nope). They are actually getting: Alora - gift certificate for a horseback riding lesson Arionna- Razor scooter
What does your Santa give for a treat typcially? candy cane
Do you buy the photos or take your own? Take our own
How long do you typically stand in line? Try to make it as little as possible!
Do you see the same Santa every year? The last 2 years have been at the zoo, don't know if they use the same each year, or not.
disney.jpg picture by marieef
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 10:53am

Have your kids went to see him yet? Will they? --- We haven't gone yet. I'm not sure we will this year. I guess I'll ask them if they want to.

Are they still believing?---Yes but with A LOT of questions.

What did/will they ask for?---They both want a Nintendo DS but if I get them, it will be from ME. hehe Not sure what other toys they want. Santa only brings toys at our house.

What does your Santa give for a treat typically?---they normally have gotten a candy cane in the past

Do you buy the photos or take your own?---I have done it both ways in the past

How long do you typically stand in line?---Not too long, 1/2 hour

Do you see the same Santa every year?---nope, it varies

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 12:35pm

Have your kids went to see him yet? Will they?

Nope and nope. The girls have never liked Santa. We walk by him at least once a week but they never want to see him lol.

Are they still believing?

Brianna no, I finally broke and had the talk with her b/c she was telling Taeya he wasn't real anyway so I wanted to have a talk with her. Taeya, I am not so sure. She has been hearing that he isn't but I think she still wants him to be, lol.

What did/will they ask for?

They both asked for Ipod touches and to adopt animals from the WWF (polar bears for B and giraffe for T). I think they both asked for a laptop to but THAT isn't happening.

What does your Santa give for a treat typcially?

No idea.

Do you buy the photos or take your own?

Neither

How long do you typically stand in line?

na
Do you see the same Santa every year?
na

signature

signature

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 4:34pm

The way Lily told me about the Tooth Fairy was actually kind of cute. She said, "mommy and daddy, you know I know the tooth fairy isn't real, right?" And then she kind of cried and laughed at the same time. I had no problem with her telling me. I knew she was too clever for it by now. And she didn't say this around Shelly. She is actually quite good at not mentioning things like that around her.

And the fact that all of her baby teeth are gone, made it a done deal for her. She knew no more visits were happening for her and the TF, so no big deal.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-01-2009 - 8:23pm

I think girls are nicer than boys when it comes to ratting out things like that.

Photobucket