School Papers Poll---

iVillage Member
School Papers Poll---
Sat, 09-19-2009 - 8:51am
Ok---here is a little poll about the various school papers you receive and what do you do with them.

1. The weekly papers that come home (tests, quizzes, etc.), what do you do with them?

2. What do you do with important paper notices that you receive?

3. Do you have a place for artwork? If so, do you save all of it?

4. Do you have any kind of filing system/container for each of your child's school memories?

5. Add any extra info here.

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-20-2009 - 11:29am
Karol, this is one of my major weak spots/problem areas. But I'll answer anyway. lol

1. The weekly papers that come home (tests, quizzes, etc.), what do you do with them?---Right now they just go in a pile on my desk shelf.

2. What do you do with important paper notices that you receive?---fridge

3. Do you have a place for artwork? If so, do you save all of it?---Some art goes on the fridge or in the kids' room, the ones I think are really special I save in my "kids' artwork box". It's an old Pampers box. ;)

4. Do you have any kind of filing system/container for each of your child's school memories?---Nope just the artwork, how terrible is that.

I want to do something like this either in my dining room or kitchen:

Photobucket

It's from this blog:

http://j-a-girl.blogspot.com/2009/08/organization-station.html

I found a cheapy dry erase calendar at Big Lots for $3 already even though I really wanted to order one of those custom ones.

I think this is a good idea for the kids' artwork:

Photobucket

http://www.chocolatecakeclub.com/myartkiartst.html

But I have never gotten around to buying anything like it.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 8:52am
1. The weekly papers that come home (tests, quizzes, etc.), what do you do with them? They go on the fridge until the next one comes home and then they go into the recycling.

2. What do you do with important paper notices that you receive? Put them in my phone and calendar
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 8:52am

This is a weak spot for me too, but having been on the market when school started, I did have to make some sort of a system.

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 11:44am

I am constantly struggling with the paperwork issues.

1. The weekly papers that come home (tests, quizzes, etc.), what do you do with them?

I look over them and leave them for John to look at, as well. Then I pull out anything important and throw away the rest of the papers.

2. What do you do with important paper notices that you receive?

I put anything that I need to refer to over a long period of time into the "command central binder" under either Lily or Shelly's paper sections. The things that need to be returned are signed and returned immediately and anything that will go back to school or needs quick attention (but not immediate) is put on the side of the refrigerator.

3. Do you have a place for artwork? If so, do you save all of it?

I only save the special or exceptionally good art pieces. They go into a large accordion folder that is made by Creative Memories. For now, I have a section for both girls for each grade in this large folder. I feel like I need to purchase another one and then separate the girls's items into different folders.

4. Do you have any kind of filing system/container for each of your child's school memories?

I use the CM's file organizer for artwork, certificates, report cards, and any special papers.

I can get so overwhelmed and frustrated with all of the papers that come home. I am also really annoyed when I receive two of the same forms (when only one is needed) from both girls. I know it's difficult to prevent this, but it drives me nuts.

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 4:07pm
1. The weekly papers that come home (tests, quizzes, etc.), what do you do with them? I look over them and

Photobucket