Silly QOTD: *different* names....

iVillage Member
Silly QOTD: *different* names....
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 11:04am
Any of you heard of any "different" names lately?

Where I grew up there was a family in one of the small surrounding towns, their last name was Wood, and they named their daughters Drift and Timber. Drift Wood. Timber Wood.....I kid you NOT!!!

One of Mariah's little friends name is Emma, middle name Leigh. Emma Leigh....say it fast it sounds like Emily. I thought that one was creative and cute!

Also, where I grew up there was *supposedly* a girl whose last name was Leer. Her first name was Crystal, middle name was Shandra. Crystal Shandra Leer. (I can't acutally back that one up, might have been an "urban legend")

Just wondering if you've heard anything that's "stuck" recently!

Missi

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 3:47pm
I work in a school so we have some doozies that come through. We have an Autumn Breeze last name and sister Summer Wind last name, Princess, Killer, Marijuana (2 of those, one goes by Mari), Tequila, yes, those are their given names and my personal favorite Cherry Ho (her last name is Ho). Christol
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 8:52am
I've heard a few good ones in my day!

How about the woman who married a man with the last name House? Her first name? Iona. Iona House. Or the woman who married a man with the last name Pig. Her first name? Ima. Ima Pig. Very true!!!! I read a magazine article about it once.

We have friends who have friends with the last name Bar. Their children? Candy and Hershey Bar! True!

When I was in high school, there was a girl at a different school who was in the local papers a lot for her basketball talent. Her name? Her awefully cruel name - so cruel I'd like to smack her parents...Fonda Dicks.

Hmmmm...I guess that's all I've got.

~Heather

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 10:49am
I have a distant relative whos name was Mary. She married into the last name of Christmas. So her name was Mary Christmas.

Christine

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 10:19pm
My 7th grade social studies teacher was Mr. Beech. His wife's first name was Sandy. Sandy Beech!

Here are some good ones from when I was teaching:

Unique (the boy's mom was told by a family member not to name her child some boring traditional name, that his name sould be unique- I guess she took it literally!)

Muhammed Ali

Michael Jordan

Michael Jackson

Monghany (although it was pronounced Mahogany- mom was illiterate and the birth certificate people aren't allowed to even *suggest* a spelling- so the poor, illiterate mom took a stab at it and came up with Monghany)

One of Dan's high school best friends' father was a doctor. During his ob rotation, he witnessed one mom name her kid Nosmo (the last name was King- so when she saw the "No Smoking" sign as she was being wheeled into the delivery room, she took it as a sign from God as to what to name her child). Another lady had just given birth and was told that they were getting ready to deliver the placenta. The lady thought that was a pretty name and NAMED HER CHILD PLACENTA!!!!!!

That's it for now,

Kimberly

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 4:32pm
OMGosh!! I'm litterally LOL reading all of these. Isn't it amazing ~ some names some people are given?

*smile*

Missi