Week of 4-18-10 DYK????

iVillage Member
Week of 4-18-10 DYK????
Sun, 04-18-2010 - 4:50pm

It's a new week and a new DYK!

How are you? Anything new happening in your life this week? Let us know what's going on!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-18-2010 - 6:52pm

DYK

...I'm exhausted?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-18-2010 - 9:35pm

Well that didn't go as I wanted?

but then I don't know why it would?

she didn't get out of the car and once she saw my face, looked down and didn't look up again?

Craig defended her as of course I should know that he would?

I stayed completely calm and told him the truth, unlike him and said, "you make me sad, she makes me sick"?

he talked to Claire, Claire didn't look any happier?

when he was leaving I said quietly, "if she makes your daughter cry one more time, I will make her cry"?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 7:44am

DYK????????????

Christol, Claire and Max are so fortunate to have you as their mom?

Sounds like Craig is going to regret some of his decisions as the kids get older and they no longer readily accept his actions?

And HANK, well she is just a sorry excuse for a human being. I hate that she made Claire cry and if you get that opportunity to pull some hair, I say go for it????

We had a nice weekend?

On Friday we hung out with my pop. It was great to be with him?

We saw my nephew play lacrosse and then went out for Mexican at my favorite place?

Saturday we shopped with my sister and niece and then took pictures of my nephew before he went to pick up his prom date?

My niece decided to go to prom by herself?

I was so impressed that she was brave enough to do that. It was a great example for the girls?

We helped her get ready and took photos of her, as well?

Got back home yesterday afternoon with enough time to do laundry and make some brownies?

My big plan for today is to redo the playroom where the girls have all of their toys/stuff?

They rarely go in there and play with it, so I think it's time to weed out some of what's in there and make a plan for organizing?

Honestly, just thinking about it makes me super excited to get going with it!!!!?

Ok, I hope everyone is doing well?

Have a terrific week. Stay strong?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 7:31pm

DYK...

...Christol, I'm sorry things didn't go well?

...and I want to pull Hank's hair for making our girl cry?

...you are one awesome mommy?

...and thanks for the toilet info, lol?

...Helen, glad distance is making you braver?

...Lauri, it's Monday?

...Marie, how ya been?

...Missi, you described me completely in your post about Owen and not having time for yourself?

...hugs to you?

...I'm starting to come out of that since my job?

...you'll get there, too?

...so sorry Gerad didn't get that job, but I think there is something better waiting for you?

...Karol, glad you had a good trip?

...and girl, if you are this excited over re-organizing the play room at your house, you'd be down right tard-happy at my house?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 10:44pm

DYK...

...Kelley, I "LOVE" Frank's response?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-20-2010 - 7:31am

DYK?

Christol, sorry to hear about the closing situation. Hope you are able to get the summer school job?

Is Max feeling better?

I know that those allergies can take a real toll on you. Hope he is better today?

We have had some incredible pollen counts this season. The highest ever one day?

Kelley, I loved how Frank handled the lunch situation?

That woman was totally off the mark talking to him that way?

I will say that there was a day or two a school year that the kids would sit in assigned seats at lunch. I can't ever remember putting them on silence?

Usually the troublemakers were put at a back table on their own so they wouldn't bother the others?

I didn't take recess away from an entire class, but would make students sit out of recess for various reasons. Unfortunately, they were usually the ones who needed the recess, but they also were the ones who needed a form of punishment. Losing recess was generally a motivator to be doing the right thing?

I completed my playroom re-do?

Lily doesn't sleep in her room (she sleeps with Shelly in her room). So, I moved the daybed into the play area and then did some major cleaning up?

We have a twin bed we can put into Lily's room. So, we may do that?

I ended up with 2 large bags of stuff to donate and one large trash bag?

I am planning to put their Littlest Pet Shop stuff on eBay. I let them each keep 5 pets. They never play with them?

I am struggling a bit with how to organize the American Girl furniture accessories. Any ideas out there?

Today I am off to get an oil change for the car and state inspection?

Have you guys been watching Life on Discovery? It is such a great program?

Ok, happy Tuesday!?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-20-2010 - 10:56pm

DYK...

I am wondering who watches Glee?

I friggin love that show. LOVE IT! Tonight was the Madonna episode and it was awesome.

Regina had a choir concert last night. It was combined with the middle school choir and orchestra and also with the HS orchestra.

It was good. They picked a horrible soloist though. She was a grown up but didn't sing very well, more like a middle schooler. lol

Rhiannon had softball practice tonight. She is doing so well. She may be little but she's a power house. ;)

She informed me the other day that she has a boyfriend. His name is Andrew. He came to her practice today to bring her Chex Mix. He seriously came up there with two ziploc bags full of it. One for her, one for him. I thought it was pretty cute. She actually didn't even get to have it because they'd already started practice when he arrived and then he had to leave. He was probably too embarrassed to leave it with me.

We found Regina's prom dress.

http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1801de6&Nao=0&SearchRedirect=True&Ne=4+877+878+880+5+961+6+29+3+11+14+15+12+506+17+10+1066+23+585+596+1031+8+18+904+949+833&Ntt=prom&SearchString=prom&N=4294959029+4294966975&SO=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=searchresults

But we only paid $59.99 for it in the store. Nice, huh? :)

At first I didn't even want her to try it on because of the color. But it turned out to be the best looking dress. I should have known that. I've been trying on dresses for a long time. lol

It looks good with her skin color because she is darker. Most of her friends would not be able to pull this color off.

She also tried on this one that was pretty cute:
http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=186d16e&Nao=0&SearchRedirect=True&Ne=4+877+878+880+5+961+6+29+3+11+14+15+12+506+17+10+1066+23+585+596+1031+8+18+904+949+833&Ntt=prom&SearchString=prom&N=4294959029+4294966975&SO=0&PSO=0&cmAMS_T=XGN5&cmAMS_C=MERCH&cmAMS_Z=XGN5TOPOFRESULTS&CmCatId=searchresults

This one was really pretty too:
http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1801e36&Nao=21&SearchRedirect=True&Ne=4+877+878+880+5+961+6+29+3+11+14+15+12+506+17+10+1066+23+585+596+1031+8+18+904+949+833&Ntt=prom&SearchString=prom&N=4294959029+4294966975&SO=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=searchresults

I swear to you if Devin screws her over somehow with the prom, I will cuss him out. He is such a little azz all the time. I wish Regina wouldn't put up with him.

He'll probably ruin the whole night for her.

Anyway......

I've been applying for jobs still. Haven't heard from anywhere lately.

I guess I won't be getting an interview for the one job since they haven't called but I guess they still could but I doubt it.

Layla has taken to me holding her to fall asleep for the past 4 nights or so. Whoops. lol

I guess I better quit that. But she's so sweet. And they just grow up so darn fast.

Christol, I'm so sorry to hear about Claire being upset. I wish I could smack some sense into Craig.

And Hank, she deserves a smackdown.

I'm sorry your closing fell apart. That stinks.

I hope Max's allergies/sinuses are better. I read that this year is the highest pollen count in awhile. I've been having slight issues as well and I never do.

Karol, I'm glad to hear you had a nice time with your family. I loved the prom pics of your niece and nephew.

Are you going to post pics of the playroom redo? I need to tackle the kids' room, their closet mostly. I just can't get motivated to do it. lol

Kelley, I absolutely LOVE that Frank went up to the school for lunch and his response to the poo poo lunch lady...awesome!

I understand that the kids only have the allotted time to eat but jeez they have to be quiet all day long, they should at least get to chat a little at lunch.

And I so don't get it either why a person who clearly doesn't like kids would work with them.

----
I hope everyone had a great day! :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-21-2010 - 9:48am

DYK

...that is SOOO cute that Andrew brought her some Chex Mix?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-21-2010 - 11:12am

DYK???

Christol, that web site caused me to waste about an hour looking through all of her posts. I just love it?

And, surprisingly, she doesn't seem to be rolling in the dough and talks about that?

And I think I could live very happily just like she is living. Don't think I'd need tons and tons of money to live there?

Oh, and be sure to check out her Targhetto post...too funny?

Carmen, I am loving the little boy bringing a snack for Rhiannon. How sweet is that?

Really pretty dress for Regina's prom and the price was fabulous?

How are things going for she and Devin?

Love that Layla is falling asleep in your arms. Makes me want to cry! Because remember this: The days are long, but the years are short?

I love Glee. Missed it last night, though and forgot to DVR it?

Guess I'll catch it online?

I'll snap some photos of the re-do. Wish I had some befores to see the total changes?

Good luck with the jobs. I am praying that something good is around the corner for you?

Missi, how are things with you guys?

Marie, how are you doing with all of the travel Chance is doing?

Lauri, keep me posted about your travel plans. I am not sure what day we are leaving for the graduation on the 19th?

Helen, hope you are doing well?

Barbara, it's always nice to see you pop in here?

I am attempting to list Littlest Pet Shops on eBay, but it seems to be such an overwhelming task?

Not sure how to group them and then need to take the pictures?

I am making invitations for a bridal shower for Lily's teacher and for my nephew's graduation party. I really need to finish them up and print them out?

Our dinner last night was AWESOME! I posted about it on my blog?

I think we'll have chicken nachos for dinner tonight?

I think I need to walk around with this house with a garbage bag and purge!?

Ok, off to complete some of my list of to-dos?

Happy Hump Day!?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-21-2010 - 12:14pm

...LOL Karol, I did read her Targetto post?

Photobucket

Pages