Week of May 24th DYKs??????

iVillage Member
Week of May 24th DYKs??????
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 7:42am

DYK?????????????

Christol, so good to hear the testing came back with good news for you. I also had low Vitamin D levels and took a pill for it over a month's time. I think it helped me?

Marie, sorry to hear they had no clear explanations for you, but good that they could rule out the genetic component?

Lauri, great news about Brian!!!!?

Kelley, that incident with the boy at the baseball game is just sooooo gross!!!!?

Missi, I am so annoyed that the mother never fed Mariah. What in the world???

I think I would simply say "no, Mariah isn't available to take care of the dog" and leave it at that?

Shelly and I had a wonderful time on the beach trip?

She loved everything we did and it is just such a cool experience to spend three days at the beach with their friends and teacher?

Lily and John did fine. Lily was sick on Tuesday night (fever, vomiting, etc.) and stayed home with John on Wednesday?

She was better by Thursday and was back to school?

This weekend we went to a baby shower for our babysitter. The girls loved it?

Yesterday we stayed home and relaxed as a family?

It was a nice change of pace?

I got laundry done, made a yummy dinner, wrapped some gifts, straightened the house, and just put us all back together?

Today is Lily's last gymnastics class?

She has her big testing this week. In NC it's called EOGs (End of Grade testing)?

Hope everyone is doing well and ready for a happy week?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 9:59am

Did you know...

...Karol, loved all the photos on the blog?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 9:04am

DYK

...the weather here is COOKING and from some FB posts I see some of you are having same weather?

...is that where all of you are?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 3:30pm

DYK...

...Christol, sorry about summer school?

...fingers crossed for Justen?

...fyi, I'm hotter than a

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 10:54pm

Kelley, that sounds miserable.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 11:29pm

Hello, all!
We had a good weekend. Arionna's teddy bear picnic was a lot of fun! They were all so cute!

Arionna and I went out to lunch at Applebee's after. My dr from National Jewish called while we were eating. My thyroid is out of whack, so I am now on medication for that. I have an appointment with my regular dr on Thursday to discuss everything.

The tipi overnight was an interesting experience. Not one I want to repeat anytime soon. It was EXTREMELY windy (40+) and COLD! We did the last wagon ride and we all froze. We went to our tipi and had the girls all settled and quiet by the 10pm "whisper time". Unfortunately, other troops did not. They let there girls talk (loudly), giggle and scream until after 11pm. During the night I went and put my jeans and jacket over my sweat pjs because I was freezing. At 4:30 am, the girls who were up until 11pm woke up and started the giggling and being loud AGAIN. When our girls woke up at 6am, it was very tempting to have them go outside and start singing at the top of their lungs. That is one thing I HATE about things like that, when other troops are just completely inconsiderate. My co-leader woke up to a hole in her shirt. An animal had chewed a hole the size of a baseball in it!

I did not sleep AT ALL and was about to fall over by the time we got home.

Kaylee had her awards ceremony today. She received an award in Catering II and in Business Management. Very proud of her.

Only 2 more days of school!!!! Chance will get home on Saturday, and then on Sunday we are headed to WY. It is STILL snowing in Yellowstone. It can stop before we get there, thank you very much!

Kelley, so sorry you are having to sweat to death. When they rebuilt part of the high school, they added air. Didn't have air at all before that.

Christol, sorry to hear you didn't get summer school. There procedure doesn't sound good at all.

Lauri, any update on your mom?

Missi, what did you tell the mom? She just treats Mariah WRONG.

Carmen, how ya doing?

Karol, love the pics of the field trip. Sorry Lily was sick while you were gone.

Ok, off to bed. I woke up at 5am and am beat. Can't wait for the weekend!!!!

disney.jpg picture by marieef
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 9:32am

DYK

...Marie, that camping trip

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 9:42am

DYK...

I finally feel like attempting another DYK after I lost my other post. lol

I'm frustrated this morning...with Regina. So if the kids get more than 6 tardies in a class, they have to go this thing they call Bridges-it's like in-school suspension for a day. I guess her 1st block (English) teacher marked her tardy on Friday. Regina said she wasn't late to that class because she knew she couldn't be.

My thing is *I* take her to school everyday so I know she's there on time. So if Regina can't get her butt to 1st block on time, it's her own problem. Right? She said the teacher marks her tardy even when she's there. She also said the teacher loses the work she makes up. So I've left a message for this teacher to see what's really going on.

I always give my kids the benefit of the doubt and Regina typically doesn't lie but seriously, if she would just get to class on time and go to school everyday, she wouldn't have any of these problems.

She called me crying because she didn't want to do Bridges because she couldn't miss any more Chemistry since she had a lot to make up in there.

She missed 2 days of school last week and 2 this week. All 4 times, she could have gone to school. She said Layla was sick. Layla could have stayed home with me but Regina never plans ahead and pumps bottles. Then she said that she didn't feel good herself. I told her that I haven't felt good 90% of the time in the past 10 years. lol I mean seriously, how many days do you get up and feel like crap and still keep trucking?

That's what happens when you have a baby in high school. Don't have babies in high school and all you have to worry about is yourself.

If she needed to be at school earlier than she should have gotten her azz up earlier and told me she needed to leave earlier.

I told her I'd talk to the 1st block teacher and see what's going on.

I told her the other day she needed to take her butt to school and just suck it up. Now it's all catching up with her. I don't know what she wanted me to do about it today. Magically fix it for I guess. Well, mommy can't always save the day. She needs to start taking responsibility for herself.

So anyway...see I told you I was frustrated. So what do you all think? Am I being mean or am I right?

So remember Joey's visit with the mobile dentist? He had two infected teeth. So I took him in and he got one pulled last week. He was a CHAMP! I was so proud of him.

And he's on antibiotics now and will have the other tooth pulled on June 1st. His school skating field trip is that day for Accelerated Reading. Luckily his appointment is at 1:30 and the skating is over at 11:30.

Rhiannon has her orchestra concert today. I had to run to Target to buy her a white top. There was one left of the one I wanted and it was her size. :)

We bought Layla a babing soup (bathing suit). We always call it a babing soup because that's what Rhiannon said when she was little. lol

I have to post the pics of Layla outside yesterday. We sat her on the slip n slide and Regina ran through the sprinkler with her. She loved it.

So one of Aaron's friends, (well I was friends with him first actually back in the day before Aaron and I even started dating) found me on FB a month or so ago. I guess he showed Aaron pics of Joey. Aaron keeps telling this friend that he's changed and he wants to see Joey.

You know I never wanted to keep Joey away from his dad but Aaron hasn't even TRIED. The last time we saw him was January 2005! Yes, really. We lived in Indiana for 9 months and he only came to see Joey a couple times. He was living with that girl he cheated on me with. He wanted to take Joey over there but he wouldn't give me the phone number or tell me the address. I let him take Joey one time and he brought him back with beer on his breath and that was the end of that. I told him he could see Joey at my house. He didn't want to. He'd never work out a set time with me to come see him. So he never saw him. Then he blamed me for moving. Whatever.

We moved in with my mom in August 2005. He had her number and he had my cell phone number. I think he called maybe 4 times in the past 5 years. If that. Since then, my cell number has changed but if he'd kept in contact, he'd know my new number, right?

I feel like Aaron doesn't deserve another chance. It will just hurt Joey. I know he hasn't changed. He will never be consistent. He'll promise things and won't follow through. I was thinking about asking our friend to give me Aaron's address and writing him a letter outlining exactly how I want things to go and if doesn't do it my way, it's no way. What do you guys think? I'm not letting him go in and out of Joey's life. There is no point in that.

~~~

Karol, I enjoyed looking at all of the beach pics. It looks like a great trip.

Christol, it's too bad Craig can't step up and actually parent your kids.

Sorry Max's team isn't doing so well. Joey isn't either. He can't hit the ball at all. I don't know what happened. He was doing so well and now he hasn't hit anything the past 3 or 4 games. He wants to quit. We actually skipped his game last night. It was so hot and Joey just didn't want to go. Now normally, I am a suck it up, finish what you start type of parent but I just couldn't bear to watch him yesterday. He's frustrated and gets so upset. I will have him finish out the season which is only 4 more games. Maybe we'll try soccer in the fall.

I'm sorry you didn't get summer school.

Speaking of A/C in the schools, can you believe that the daycare at the HS doesn't have A/C??!! Poor babies and kids and teachers for that matter. I can't even believe it. And it's been so hot all week. I think that's why Layla liked the sprinkler so much. :)

Kelley, I feel for you working with no A/C. I remember when I was growing up, my schools didn't have A/C either. There were a few rooms in HS in the new addition that had them but otherwise I remember sweltering and it's so hard to concentrate.

I believe that most of the rooms at the elementary school here have A/C. Regina said only some do at the HS.

Marie, your overnight experience sounds terrible. Eek.

Well, I hope everyone has a nice day. I need to go and do some cleaning.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 10:59am

DYK

...Carmen, I do NOT think you are being too hard on Regina?

...you stated it correctly, we all feel like crap, we get up and we do what we have to do to get our jobs as parents and adults done?

...I felt like complete crap for months and still I worked, shopped, cooked and drove my kids to their stuff?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 12:55pm

DYK...

...Carmen, I agree 100% with Christol, you are NOT being too hard on Regina?

...it's tough love, but she'll thank you for it someday?

...I'm a firm believer that you can help someone so much it actually inhibits their ability to take care of themselves?

...and, once you become a mommy, you go WAAAY down the priority list?

...Christol touched on it perfectly?

...and I had morning sickness for 17 weeks with Owen and still had to function, run carpools, go to extra curricular activities, as well as continue to maintain my home, help with homework, tuck kids in, feed my kids....?

...I seriously felt like I had the stomach flu for 17 weeks!!

siggy-1.jpg picture by 1_luckymommy

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 2:03pm

DYK???

Carmen, I agree with all that you are doing to let Regina take responsibility for her actions?

You're a good mom?

Missi, I can't believe you have a high schooler!!! Wow?

That Natalie is a doll. She is so sweet to happily include Owen in the field day activities?

Christol, sorry to hear about the summer school position?

Hope that Justen's job interview went well?

Are there any sparks still there for you?

Sweet Claire, loved her idea to bring in the ice cream for everyone!?

Kelley, I can't get over the fact that you guys are in the school building without A/C!!! Hope you are staying cool?

All of our schools have A/C. We wouldn't survive in the south without them?

Marie, you are a champ to take on that camping trip! How rude of the other campers and their leaders to stay up late and annoy the others?

I am oh so jealous of you guys getting out of school today!!! Enjoy your break and all of the fun you guys have planned?

It has been a long week here?

Today is Lily's final day of three for the EOG (state testing) testing?

She was a wreck about it Tuesday morning, but has been better since then?

Tomorrow Shelly has a birthday party in the neighborhood to attend?

Saturday Lily and I are going to her teacher's wedding?

Then the remainder of the weekend is fancy free!!!?

Hope everyone is having a good day?

Photobucket

Pages