Jen, noticed you were around a bit...

iVillage Member
Jen, noticed you were around a bit...
Tue, 04-22-2003 - 10:16pm
And was wondering if you got the floors done? If so, was it hard? What kind of hardwoods did you end up getting? (Prefinished or the kind you had to stain and poly yourself) Where did you end up getting them? Sorry for the 20 questions...we'd still love to do it, although we're in a "moving" funk right now. (Yes...we've only been in our house just over a year ~ Dh wants acreage...no small feat around here! lol)

Just wanting "the dish" on it all! Oh, and I'd *love* to see pictures too!

Missi :o)

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 6:44am
Missi,

We haven't started laying the hardwood floors yet, but hopefully tonight. We had to pull up carpet in one of the rooms and a hallway. And peel up very sticky tile from the kitchen. We also had to move around alot of furniture since we are making our existing famiy room into a dining room. One couch had to go upstairs into our bedroom. The chair and tables had to go down into the family room. The TV from downstairs had to go all the way up into our bedroom. The downstairs TV came up to the living room and the family room TV went downstairs into the new family room. We've rearranged just about every room in the house and threw my oven away! Guess I really DO have to buy a new one, LOL!

We ended up getting pre-finished floors. We thought about doing the unfinished, sand and stain ones, but they had in stock the color that I wanted anyway, so it was actually about $2 or $3 cheaper (per square foot) to go with the prefinished. We got ours at Home Depot. We priced around, and that was our best deal. My parents just did their hardwood floors, so my dad has experience, LOL! I can't wait to see it tonight!

I'll take pictures when it's all done!

~Jen~

p.s. You might want to check out lumberliquidators.com. They actually had the same flooring that we got for $1 cheaper (per square foot) but didn't have the color we wanted. They have warehouses all over the place too, so you probably wouldn't have to pay shipping costs.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 10:24am
Thanks for the tip, Jen. It's all going to look absolutely gorgeous when it's done! You've been mighty busy!! Threw out your stove?!? I guess that's one good way to gaurantee that you get a new one! lol!

I can't wait to see!

Missi