Milestones - What's your Sweet Peep doing these days?

iVillage Member
Milestones - What's your Sweet Peep doing these days?
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 12:05pm

Levi is sleeping through the night! He is my FIRST (of 5) baby to do that before 2 years old!! We are co-sleepers but he had been falling asleep earlier than the rest of us so I started laying him in Lucas' bed (twin mattress on the floor) in his room (because we also have a Lucas bed next to ours in our room). The first night he slept a few hours and the next night another hour later and the next night ALL NIGHT LONG - from 10pm until 5:30am. Sometimes now, he'll even go until 6 or 6:30. I love that I am not waking up with a stiff neck and a tingly arm but there is that part of me that really misses my baby next to me all night long. I'm glad we're getting better sleep though. My milk has had to adjust but all is good. I bring him in with me whenever he wakes up so we do get plenty of co-sleeping time still, and I have a hard time putting him down while he naps. :smileyhappy:

He's also mostly rolling both ways! He's not consistent, sometimes he gets stuck, but he can do it.

Sitting - almost!! He gets a few seconds to minutes of up time without any assistance. Again, not consistent and definitely not reliable, but he's getting there. He's starting milestones much ealier than my others, except my first. Surprising too, since he was a month early.

Lots of droooooooooling - I think teeth are near, not so near that I can see them, but he has a lot of teething symptoms.

He's so smiley and coos a lot. He loves the excersaucer but has never liked the swing. We recently took the paci away from Lucas (20 months) but in order to keep it away, we had to take it from Levi too. I sneak it to him sometimes when Lucas can't see or isn't around or is sleeping but I've become more of the pacifier for him now. It's been a really hard transition though - for both of them.

Levi is 5 months and last week he weighed in at 15 pounds 12 ounces and was 25.5 inches long!

I sure love this happy guy! And happy is soooo good - considering all the colic we went through early on.

sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Re: Milestones - What's your Sweet Peep doing these days?
Sat, 09-08-2012 - 6:40pm
Delaney just turned 5months on the 4th. She can roll, but only when she wants to do it, haha. She was 19lbs 3oz and 27 inches long at her appt. 2 weeks ago, and her doctor sort of got mad when he found out she drinks 6 oz, but that didn't seem like a huge amount to me (my boys were way past 6 oz at this stage!) The doc was kind of upset that she weighed so much, but I'm not worried. My other two were huge fat babies, and are now slim, tall toddlers. Delaney drools like crazy, but no teeth yet. I'm not ready for her to have teeth, I want her to stay as babyish as possible, for as long as possible! She usually sleeps through the night, which is so wonderful. She's tried eating some baby foods and cereal, but she gags alot, so we're going to hold off on that until she's a little older. She's the best baby, we all love this kiddo so much!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member

Faith is growing like a weed (85th percentile) At 4 months she was 15lb 12oz. She just got her first tooth two weeks ago! Not rolling over yet. She is so happy and smiley all the time!

Julie

iVillage Member

6oz is not too much! Tobi has been on 6oz since about 4mo (she's 6.5mo (5m1w adj) now) and dont see increasing it yet as we are still dealing with a TON of spit/reflux. He'd rather you feed LESS oz but still end up feeding MORE in the long run?? But keep a slim baby? Something doesn't compute right! Maybe time for new doc?

Compared to Tobi, Delaney is so much BIGGER - Tobi is a whopping 15lbs!

Brandie Lilypie - Personal picture