So fed up...

iVillage Member
So fed up...
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 9:24pm

With pumping that is. Even 12 weeks later, I'm still bruised, red, and sore. I'm so tired of feeling like I can't go anywhere or do anything. I've decided that I've made it 3 months and that's pretty good considering all that we've been through. I'm trying to wean myself now so I'm not in a ton of pain. As much as I don't want to pay for formula, it's less of a hassle in the long run. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 7:32pm

I totally agree! My older 2 kids were nearly completely formula fed (did get some BM in the beginning but not a lot). My 3rd was EBF (well almost, she did get formula in the beginning to help flush out the bilirubin) for 2y4m. I was sooo dissapointed that I wasn't able to BF Tobi... She did get BM up until about a month ago, but it was mixed with formula. She did get BM her 1st 2 weeks of life though. Once her feeding became full of issues, it became too stressful.

Brandie Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 12:01am
Hi! I'm from the Marchmallows and wanted to come join in on this pumping thread. I stopped exclusively nursing at 6 days and have pumped the remaining 4 months. I couldn't do it alone. I've done hours of research and found expert pumpers to share tips and tricks. My output is anywhere between 50-60 oz per day, and my daughter eats 24-30 oz per day. My goal is to give her bm through 12 months. I am on target to retire my pump by November with a 4 month stash in my freezers. It's daunting, but mini goals are the best way to stay with it. I pump 4 times per day currently. Wakeup, lunch, dinner, bedtime. If my dd wakes me up early, I just pump then and have 5 pumps total for the day. Many of us pumpers do it in the car, so we aren't tied down at home. I'm considering taking Dom soon, so I can maintain my 50 oz/day with only 3 pumps. Please don't hesitate to message me. I can connect you with a *wonderful* group of ladies.
Message me privately if you'd like to join our March FB Group. :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 5:15am

If you get bruised, you are doing it wrong or the  breast plate isn't the right one for you, you need to ask for professional help.

I am breastfeeding fully, no pump and I don't feel tied up at all, but that could be because NP is totally OK here and I don't need to hid.

My only problem is that  I have 4 huge mosquito bites on my left boob, that itches.