babies interested in food yet?

iVillage Member
babies interested in food yet?
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 5:32am
My mom gave Leah banana pudding from her plate last week .. well she sneaks her bites when ever she can.. lol any way.. Leah eats rice made with breastmilk every night.. she seems to have fun eating it.. she is not really all the great about eating it, but she enjoys the process ..lol anyway.. now she wants my husband Mike to hold her at the table at meal times and she will suck her lips so loud it comical! Her arms will be flailing and her legs kicking.. I mean, she is really, really interested in table food.. my Husband will sneak her small tastes of foods as well.. the down side is I'm afraid my mom & Dh has ruined her on baby food.. I'm afraid she will totally turn her nose up at it.. any ideas.. I don't really want her to have table food.. not yet anyway.. ill make her baby food from fresh food when she is ready.. but I'm afraid she will want the steak aju and baked potatoes, pudding, ect.. I mean, who wouldn't! Lol
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 4:53pm
That IS tough, my SIL did that and her child never would accept pablum, but the fruit purees and veggie purees that she made for her and that her baby loved are just as good in my opinion, so I would just try doing that if she snubs rice pablum - just a thought. SIL used a bender or processor and it was very smooth, organic and healthy. Good luck!!
Photobucket