Eating ?

iVillage Member
Eating ?
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 5:35pm

Just curious how often everyone's lo is eating now.  Maxwell seemed to be eating every 2 hr for the longest time, recently went to every 3 hr and already seems to want to spread out the feedings even more.

Karen

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."  

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: kokonek2004
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 6:06pm

Connor's always gone about three hours during the day and longer at night, but recently he's moved to bigger bottles and eating about every four hours and can now go about 8 hours at night without eating.  However, he is formula fed, so I know that makes a big difference!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 9:05pm

It seems like he has been eating for a longer amount of time too so maybe he is eating more?  Although, that could also be from his jabbering and socializing during eating time:smileywink:  I never had to guess when baby was starting to eat more and less often with my others because I was working with them...it's like starting from scratch.

Maxwell has also just recently started sleeping 10-11hr at night.  He usually eats around 9 and is in bed between 9:30-10 and then I usually wake him up around 8:30 for breakfast.  It is amazing!  I don't know if it's permanent though since he started around the time he got the ear infection and I started putting him to sleep in his carseat so he could be more upright to help breathe through the stuffy nose.  It was a tip I got from the doc with ODS because he kept flipping upside down when I would incline his matress with towels.  Max's nose is probably ready to try the bed again...maybe this weekend.

Karen

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 8:13pm
Leah I EBF and somedays she will nurse every 2 hour's, then some days, every 3.. she goes to bed at 8:30 -9 pm now and sleeps atleast 7 hours to 9 at times.. (yeah!!!)
iVillage Member
In reply to: momma_leslie
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 9:51pm
Im not sure if longer equals eating more.. id think the" how much and how hard" they suck would matter.. but I have no idea.. it a great question.. Leah can draln a breasted in 5 minutes..and sometimes she wont.. but I seem to make the same amount either way
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 8:25am
Emma still eats every 2-3 hours!!! And I'm bfing. She just seems soooo hungry all the time. Im really hoping at her september 4month check up the DR will say she can try cereal! Plus she spits up A TON so I hope cereal would help with that too! And Emma will go to sleep anywherer between 9-11 and sleep till about 4 or 5 then eat and go back to sleep. Sometimes she will sleep all the way through to 7-8 but not often!
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 4:04pm

He has always been a distracted eater, latching several times per side, although he eats really good right in the morning when I know he is hungry.  Maybe he is ready to stretch it out a little longer since he jabbers so much.

Karen

iVillage Member
In reply to: momma_leslie
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 12:10am
Sometimes Leah will eat a bit, stop, jabber and smile, then latch back on again.. when she does this it is usually a longer nursing session.. lol.. but its extremely cute I think when she does this.. Leah is fast in the morning to.. also after her bath because I make her wait.. as of today.. she took her sweet jabber jaw time all day! Yesterday and several days before.. quick eater..
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 8:31pm

I wouldl say 80% of the time the jabbering is really cute.  The other 20% I am in a rush for dinner or lunch and just wish he would get down to business...I still can't help but smile back though :smileyhappy:

Karen

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 8:35pm

Maxwell chews on his hands like he hasn't eaten all day...even during a nursing session.  Sometimes I tell him he doesn't need to eat his hand 'cause the food is right there!  It's too bad Emma is spitting up so much but I've heard it looks like a lot more than it really is.  Hopefully it gets better as you start introducing more foods. 

Karen

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 8:59am

I bottle fed my older two after 4 and 6 mo and I usually just increased the bottle amount if they were emptying it completely for a couple feedings in a row.  As for sleeping at night, I don't know that formula will keep her full longer.  Maxwell is exclusively breast fed and is sleeping 10.5-11hr at night.  He mostly did this on his own but a few times I would try to get him to hold off on waking up for 30 min to an hour.  Usually within a couple days I would "hold him off" and end up waking up surprised a couple hours later that he had gone back to sleep.  Maybe that would help with your little one?

Karen

Pages