September roll call

iVillage Member
September roll call
Sat, 09-08-2012 - 8:10pm
Welcome to september! Here's a quick roll call check in (I apologize for the lateness!)

Your name:

Baby name:

Birthdate:

Baby stats:

Other info

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-08-2012 - 8:17pm
Your name: Lisa

Baby name: Connor

Birthdate: April 24, 2012

Baby stats: 17 lbs 5 ounces

Other info: I am a bit behind on getting here this week, I apologize. I had my hernia repair on Thursday and have been recovering since. The recovery isn't as bad as my Csx but te procedure was decidedly worse. They had to do a more involved procedure than they anticipated (doing both a mesh insert and sewing the muscles over top) and as a result ran out of freezing before they were done :smileysad: I was awake and informed them of this so they quickly gave me a local but it wasn't quite the same.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 8:53pm
Your Name: Leslie

Baby Name: Leah Marie

Birthdate: April 26

Baby stats: 3 weeks ago she was 17lbs 3oz so I'm curious to see how much much bigger she has gotten.. she is in the 99% for her size... she wears 12 month everything now.. she is rolling onto her yummy to her back, then back to her tummy .. she turns in a circle to move different directions to get toys.. she is pretty mobile.. she was playing with an 8 month old baby the other day.. well. Staring and giggling anyway..lol.. and she was his size..

Other info: Leah has learned to scream Lol.. she still does not cry a lot.. but she diffenitly can scream now.. lol
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 11:03pm

Your name: Karen

Baby name: Maxwell Eugene

Birthdate: May 2

Baby stats: 16lb 8oz and 25"

Other info: Not much to report here.  We've been really busy getting used to school again and getting into a routine with drop-offs, pick-ups, and homework.  We are getting ready for camping at a tractor/threshing show this weekend and I'm starting to feel the pressure :smileyindifferent:  I am also going to start looking for a part time job that I can do opposite DH's job so we can have a little extra money and I can stay home with the kids.  On top of all that, my sister is having some family/kid troubles so she is constantly on my mind and I am hoping that something good will come out of a bad situation.

Karen

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."  

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 11:07pm

I am so sorry you had such a bad experience for your repair.  Especially since I had told you not to worry and how much easier it was than I was expecting :smileyembarrassed:  That was my worst fear going into surgery...I couldn't imagine waking up in the middle of it!!

Karen

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 11:10pm

Maxwell has been doing the screaming for a while now too.  Sometimes it is happy screams and sometimes it is not so happy screams.  I can usually tell the difference but DH certainly can't.  It's kind of funny to see him talking all happy/playful with Max when I know he is not doing his happy screams :smileywink:

Karen

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 4:31am
Your name: Becky

Baby name: Emma

Birthdate: may 8, 2012

Baby stats: 12lbs 5oz 23 inches

Other info. Emma had her four month well visit today, turns our she has her first ear infection. I knew something wasn't right with her but wasn't sure what. So now she is on an antibiotic. Poor baby. We also got the green light to start cereal! Emma seems to love it! Hopefully it will help with the spitting up. On a different note my almost 4yr old DD started preschool-saddest thing ever! Makes me realize how fast these precious LOs grow!
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 9:47pm
Ha ha don't feel bad Karen. The recovery really isn't bad at all just like you said. I am just irritated about not being as mobile as I want to and wanting to cuddle Connor on my chest and I can't. Also bending sucks which is hard when my three oldest leave a trail of clothes and other crap behind :smileytongue: I am hoping week two is better lol!
Photobucket