Sleep training :(

iVillage Member
Sleep training :(
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 9:21am
I am going to start tonight...I never had to with my last two, they just gradually started sleeping longer and longer till around 3-4 months they slept 7-8 hours. Easy. Connor started out this way but then came 4 months and he was sleeping from 10pm to 7 Also if he woke earlier he would kick and play in his bassinet and amuse himself. Then he started waking at 4. I gave him his soother and he slept till 6 and I was ok with that. Then waking at 3 and fussing for an hour till he would go back to sleep. Now he wakes at TWO after having eaten at 10:30 and will fuss and fuss till you give him a bottle, he drinks only 3 ounces (usually eats 6-8 at a feeding now) and goes back to sleep. Then he wakes at 5 or six (I have only had 2 hours sleep at this point) and wants to cuddle ;( I am NOT ok with this especially since i am still sore getting out of my bed. Last night I went to bed at 11 he woke at 2, I gave in and gave a bottle at 3, he ate 3 ounces, went back to sleep, I DIDN'T fall back to sleep till 5:30 at which point dh's alarm went off and Connor woke crying. I was irritable and told dh to leave him. He cried for maybe 10 minutes and slept till 7:30 grrrr! I think I will try pablum before bed tonight and then maybe let him cry at 2 if he wakes. I hate sleep training! But I remember doing it with my oldest who would wake every three hours just for a soother. I also know it isn't teething pain because twice in the past week I have given Tylenol or Advil before bed and he still woke.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 11:46pm
Oh man! Leah will sleep all night one night, then wont the next night.. so I never know.. its so frustrating because sometimes I'm such a zombie all day! My son Jake did this.. slept great till 4 months.. then was up all night till present day! I mean, Jake is 2 and does much better.. like tonight.. its 1043 pm and I have put him back to bed several times.. ugh! Good luck.. he may just be in a huge growth spurt and he is extra hungry... or.. he is like my jakey and Hates to be alone! Good luck Lisa!!