Could I be?

iVillage Member
Could I be?
Thu, 05-02-2013 - 3:04pm

Hello Everyone,

Hoping you can give me some advice.  I am already a mom to 3, have been on BC pills since my youngest was 6 months old, he is now 3.5 years.  Last few months I have not been the best at keeping a proper schedule with my pills.  My cyles are usually 29-30 days, light and last no more than 2 days.  I had one on March 26th and what I thought to be again on April 24th.  It lasted about 2 days at the most, began with a light brown and light pink color sporadically on day one then a little more heavier on 2nd day but the color was more of a maroon or darker red.  At the end of April I had one night where I suddenly became dizzy and nauseated, I took a Zofran and went to bed.  Nothing more.  Yesterday I realized that I still feel like I am going to get my period at any moment.  My breasts also get occasional zings of pain or tingly.  Both of these are intermittent and not constant.  All of my other pregnancies were completely different.  We were not trying for another at this time, but seeing how I was not always taking my pill correctly, I can see how it could be possible.  Have not tested yet, do you think I should test or wait it out?  Could April 24th been implantation bleeding?  Suggestions please.  Thank you all.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-03-2013 - 1:06pm

Hmmm.  It's so hard telling what may be going on.  You could have had a funky cycle because you have not been so great about taking your pills-- or-- you could be pregnant!  If it were me, I'd probably take a test just to put my mind at ease either way.  Good luck and let us know! 

Hope, Mommy to Spencer Expecting Baby #2 09/17/12