Pregnant?

iVillage Member
Pregnant?
Thu, 10-10-2013 - 2:39pm

A little background...... I've been on bcp for 5 years now. last period was normal. Couldn't get my pills refilled on time last month. 5 days later i finally got them. DH knew this so we were extra careful (no we didn't use condoms) and yes  i know this was stupid.  I didn't miss any pills and he actually had a vasectomy done 2 weeks ago so needless to say we were not wanting any more kids. 

We are both young. I'm 29 and he is 35. He has a 4 year old daughter and I have a 6 year old son and we are very happy with where we are in life right now. Of course if I am pregnant we will love our child unconditionally but I am worried sick because this is not what we wanted. And it is also going to be a little bit of a hardship to afford another child. We will make it work but it's not going to be easy.....

I am about 5 days late with my period. I am having cramps (no spotting) breasts are tender, mood swings, and a little nausea. I have also been drinking wine/beer because obviosuly I wasn't planning on becoming pregnant so I'm worried about that also. I am almost too scared to take a HPT beucase I would just rather wait and hope that my period starts. 

What do you think?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-14-2013 - 7:05am
Hi there, I wanted to check in with you. Have you taken a test or has your period shown up? It is hard knowing what could be happening. It sounds like you are experiencing some of the early signs of pregnancy, but it could be that you are a bit "off" with your cycle since you were without your pills for a while. Please let us know if/when you decide to test and about your results.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-24-2013 - 5:08pm
its ok pregnancy is something you should love. make yur husband listen to yr bump son too it will help