99.9% effective??

iVillage Member
99.9% effective??
Thu, 03-20-2008 - 9:56pm

I have a problem and I was hoping you would help me out. I am about to celebrate my sons 1st birthday on Monday. 7 weeks after he was born I was put on Merina. I am really awful about taking pills so this is perfect. Plus its 99.9% effective according to the brochure.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-20-2008 - 10:35pm
I forgot to mentinon that Im peeing like all the time!
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-21-2008 - 9:28am

So are you on the Mirena IUC?

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2008 - 7:19pm
Wow, after I posted, I stumbled upon yours! I'm using the same IUD and now I'm 8 weeks late. Mine just stopped abruptly. I'm in the same boat as you are. Me and DH weren't planning on having another kid, not for five or more years. I kept looking up information on Mirena's website and other stuff, only to be in the exact same place I've always been. Stuck, waiting and wondering. I freaked when I checked out this site: http://www.pregnancy-info.net/QA/answers-IUD_Pregnancy/
I was sick for about a week when I was three weeks late, then later my boobs became sore and I've been sleeping more. Plus, my temp has strangely stayed high (in the 99s). Part of me wonders if my mind is playing tricks on me and I'm really not pregnant, but my body acts as if I am. I mean it's 99.9% effective, so wouldn't it be extremely a rare case to be pregnant? So yeah, I've been wondering if I should take a test, go to the doctor, or just expect that this might be normal with using an IUD.