20 Week U/S Tomorrow (11/15)

iVillage Member
20 Week U/S Tomorrow (11/15)
Sun, 11-14-2010 - 5:09pm

Hi ladies,

I will have my official 20 week anatomical scan tomorrow (11/15). I have already had 4 u/s so far and we already know the gender so this feels a bit anti-climatic, but I'm excited nonetheless. The grandmas will be coming and we are hoping for no traumatic surprises this time. My routine 22 week anatomical with Chase revealed dilation, shortening, funneling and my IC diagnosis. So really, no surprises please!

I could use lots and lots of positive thoughts as I'm still worried that I will see something bad (and I've had enough u/s to know what my cervix should/shouldn't look like). I will post an update to let you all know how it turns out!

Melissa

Mama to Chase (4) and Mason (2)

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-17-2010 - 6:11am

I hope no surprises were found on ultrasound!

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-17-2010 - 8:03pm

There were no surprises! It went great. My cervix looked fabulous, still long and no funneling. And baby is looking great too, he was 12 oz (doubled from 6 oz in just 4 weeks) and was measuring right on schedule. We got some great 3D pics and some video too. They will do another u/s in 4 weeks because they couldn't get great pictures of the heart yet. I see my regular OB next week and according to my peri should see him weekly (though my OB thought every other week, so we'll see what he says). I didn't start the 17p/delaluten shots yet - I have some more time to think about it but am leaning towards not, since everything is looking so good with my cerclage. If my OB does a length check next week and it comes back fine then I will for sure opt out of the shots.

Melissa

Mama to Chase (4) and Mason (2)

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-21-2010 - 3:47pm
Yay for everything looking good. Congrats on having a little boy again.

Mom to a 33 week preemie
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers