1st Trimester Chat w/o 1/27/11

iVillage Member
1st Trimester Chat w/o 1/27/11
Fri, 01-28-2011 - 2:46am

Hi girls! Let's chat! What's going on with all of you? How are you feeling? Any m/s or other symptoms you want to talk about? When's your first appt?

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-28-2011 - 9:05am
I'm joining even though I'm almost in the second trimester now. I definitely feel you with the whole sleepy thing. I now have an awesome sleep exchange thing going with my husband. I wake up for first shift while he sleeps in, then he wakes up and I go back to sleep. I hope my nap today helps with this cold I have. I'm totally miserable with it. It makes me worried, too, because my sister had the same cold and it developed into a sinus infection, for which she had to take antibiotics. I'm allergic to almost all antibiotics because of recurrent ear infections as a baby, and I just don't like the risk of taking them while pregnant anyway. I've mostly gotten over thinking that getting sick while pregnant will make me miscarry. I've been sick four times this pregnancy cause my immune system sucks while pregnant, and I can sort of feel movement already. On the upside, though, my m/s is letting up a little. I still can't manage to take my prenatals and I have massive aversions to almost all foods, but I don't feel like puking all the time. Just some of the time now. I'm sorry you will have to wait so long to have peace of mind. I feel like I've been pregnant forever already, but maybe that's because this is the third pregnancy in a row. My next OB appointment is on Feb 11th, but I'm still waiting for a call back from my midwife so that I can start switching over and I'm not sure when I'll be meeting with her.
Photobucket