Matthew Maguire and Benjamin Garr 2/12

iVillage Member
Matthew Maguire and Benjamin Garr 2/12
Sat, 02-23-2008 - 5:13pm
It is with great pleasure that we announce the birth of Matthew Maguire and Benjamin Garr, born on February 12, 2008 via scheduled c-section at one day shy of 37 weeks. Both babies are healthy and Mom is doing great.

Matthew Ben 3 mos siggy

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-23-2008 - 11:33pm

CONGRATS - How exciting, boy you sure cooked those 2 for a long time good for you! Healthy weight as well. How is it going pumping and bottle feeding, I have scheduled Csection March 27th and am hesitant on whether or not to stress myself out doing pure breastfeeding, or taking some time to pump and do bottle feeding as well - I know you are busy busy but any feedback is appreciated.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-24-2008 - 2:14pm
GREAT job mommy! Blessings to you and your family!
Photobucket

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-24-2008 - 5:36pm

Jennifer -

Congratulations on the arrival of your twins! You did a great job of carrying them to 37 wks so they were healthy and able to come home with you.

Are you working with a lacatation consultant to work on bf? My twins were premies (33w6d) and they came home completely bottle fed. I was able to transition to the breast, but it really took working with the lactation consultant. My DD was able to nurse fairly quickly (by 36wks gestation), but I wasn't able to successfully nurse my DS until around my due date and it still took a couple of weeks after that to get him fully transitioned. I know how much work it is to pump and bottle feed and it was definitely easier when I could nurse both of them. I just wanted to encourage you to get help to make that transition to bf if you want to and to let you know that there is definitely time to make the transition.

BTW - there are also some bf boards here on ivillage and an exclusively pumping board. If you need links, let me know.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-25-2008 - 11:48am

As for the breastfeeding and bottlefeeding, I am exhausted but I keep at for three reasons: they benefit from the breast milk, it helps me get back into shape faster and it is helping us save a little money (but not much, as I only have milk coming in on one side and so I get getting to give one baby one bottle every other feeding...kinda pales in comparison to the amount of formula they are getting).

Matthew Ben 3 mos siggy