Olive Garden Serves Child Sangria...Not OJ

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-08-2004
Olive Garden Serves Child Sangria...Not OJ
3
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 9:10am

LAKELAND, Fla. - A 2-year-old boy was accidentally served sangria instead of orange juice at a central Florida Olive Garden and was taken to the hospital.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-12-2006

This was all over the news down here. What a mess. I don't even know what I would if this happened to one of my girls. I'm sure it wouldn't be pretty, though! LOL

 

_________________________________________________

Amy

"Yesterday i

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-08-2004
Yeah that's close to you right? I didn't even think about that.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 05-02-2004
I heard of this a while ago too. What got me was the readers who blamed the parents for not tasting the drink or noticing sooner. I don't think it is reasonable to blame the parents for not noticing. (I think it is pretty stupid to blame the parents.) It sounds like they need different cups for kids or something.

If this happened to my kids, well, we would sleep it off at their age. Of course, at their age, they would be able to tell me it tasted funny too. If my child was a toddler, I would get a blood test done, and unless it was close to lethal, which is about .6, I wouldn't worry too much. The doctor quoted in this article (or at least the one I read) said that it was lethal at a much lower level (like .1), which is simply not true at all. (It used to be legal to drive up to .2- those drivers did not die of alcohol poisoning!) It is a percent, and the percent means the same thing regardless of body size. That is why the police can use it when checking for DUI for tiny women and huge men. I wouldn't want to traumatize my kid with a stomach pumping unless it was really necessary. Besides, they probably would puke like anyone else if they got too high. And that is what I would leave for the waitress who served it to clean up!