Friday Homeschool Recess 12/28

Community Leader
Friday Homeschool Recess 12/28
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 7:57am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

Back at work for the weekend.  Uh...what happened to the two days off?  How did they fly past so quickly...with not a moment of "mom" time?  Oh, that's right, my time is last.  <sigh>  

Nothing on today's calendar...in fact, this is the first weekend in 11 weekends that the calendar hasn't held at least one musical event (rehearsal, performance, or both) for at least one family member.  I don't think I like that...LOL.  DD spent last night at a friend's house, after seeing Les Mis with grandpa and a few other friends.  She texted me that she wants to go to lunch with a choir friend, so I think she'll be home for a little bit but not a lot.  She'd better be home long enough to clean bunny cages and find missing library books, otherwise there'll be no friend spending the night at our house tonight.  I know, mean mom...NOT.

DS is hoping daddy gets up early enough that they can go shoot his new gun again.  He loves that gun...and loves his daddy for getting him the "perfect" gun, LOL.  I wasn't home when they shot on Christmas Day, so I haven't seen him in action yet, but I hear he's quite the marksman.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 11:45am

Anyone know the words to the Lazy song? I feel like that today. Yet, I think I may try and get some kids out so I must be out too. They need fresh air, even if they are happy as can be in the home of creative play and full fridge all the day. One is still feeling blah, cold, AF on way...both...and hard to get her out of the funk. Sometimes she needs alone time so if we go, she can get the quiet she craves.

I never got a gun but my brothers did. When I would use it and hit more cans then them, they did not want me to play with it anymore! I got excellent eye site, even as a youngster! My brother was so jealous of me anyway, that I often could not play with him to long. I was Daddy's little girl when I was there, and he hated that a lot. Yet, he got to live with Dad day and night and I did not get that luxury after divorce, so when I was there I was Daddys favorite, and Dad let the brother know that...and the brother disliked it a ton! Still...a bit jealous that brother of mine. I know Daddy wishes in heaven that his son treated his daughter better. Maybe one day my bro will get the same message from heaven. Until then I know how much Daddy loved us both no matter where we lived because he now lives in heaven and in both of our hearts forever! So glad he is a huge part of my conscience and my path in life has been guided by that. Blessings of a spirtual life, guided from above. No thing can replace the gift of the spirit of love.

heather  

Community Leader
Sat, 12-29-2012 - 8:25am

Heather, I'm glad your dad continues to influence your life positively.  Those good memories are all we have to get us through, sometimes.  I'm sorry your brother still harbors jealousy toward you though Frown

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting