Friday Homeschool Recess 1/25

Community Leader
Friday Homeschool Recess 1/25
Fri, 01-25-2013 - 9:54am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

Enjoying, for a change, a lazier morning than usual.  The snow has started, so hopefully we can continue to be lazy while we watch it fall, LOL.  Nothing's on the calendar requiring us to leave the house (til work, anyways).  Hurrah!  School...practice...laundry...food...the usual, yada yada yada.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-25-2013 - 10:59am

Good morning.  Nice to have DH home. He fed the pups and they came back to bed with me and I go to sleep in! Now he's vacumming-without being asked. The house must be in worse shape than I thought!

We have a nice ground cover of snow-just enough to blur the sidewalks from the lawns. Z just got in from shoveling our driveway and the neighbor's.  This way they won't freeze and get all slippery. 

Today we'll do some school and tonight we're watching Gettysburg. I also have to get to the library and grocery shopping since I stayed in yesterday. Thank goodness for delivery pizza.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-25-2013 - 11:37am

Sue, We are having the same sort of day. Lazy home work, if that is lazy work, we love to be lazy!  My little dental patient reports no pain and no more numbness, so glad she heals up fast! Still she will get soft foods again today. I think brownies have healig powers, so I plan to make a pan for her to enjoy one or two. Right now the therapy poodle is making her pet him. Geez, he loves hands on therapy work! One kid is giving him a voice, and they are all laughing! Pets and people all home today, no outings to go to, unless we decide to go for a swim. Yet, sort of not wanting to go anywhere. Home is where the kids are, so enjoy that we are all together today! Maybe som Wii play to exercise for brownies! My home student already finished her minimum for 3R's so we feel good about that! Trying not to make to many high expectations for today...just go with the flo, for a nice day with my girls!    

Heather        

Community Leader
Sat, 01-26-2013 - 1:35am

Turtleemom Heather, we ended up with about 3" of fresh white stuff.  It was a nice snowy day...and a very good day to not be at work (until later) because of course, when there's a storm, suddenly people need to be transferred to facilities very far away!  Don't ask me why, but it never fails!  DS was really hoping dd would go outside and sled with him, but she's still on the tail end of whatever bug keeps trying to whip her butt and she didn't want to be out in the cold.  So, they cooked together instead after I left for work Cool

Sue

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-26-2013 - 9:43am

Well our day did not go exactly as planned.  We postponed school until the weekend since one of DS's friends called and invited him over for the afternoon. The boys had a blast playing outside.  DH wound up having lots of work calls.  I decided to self clean the oven.  Oh, did it stink!  DH ran the errands, picked up Z, and then took him out for dinner (since the stove/oven were still unusable) and they brought me back dinner.  We had to change our theater tickets because DH just got requested for a trip that day.  Thankfully the new seats are still good and we get to see it this weekend.

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-26-2013 - 9:44am

DS would have loved to go sledding. Not enough here for that.

Community Leader
Sun, 01-27-2013 - 12:42am

turtleemom wrote:
<p>DS would have loved to go sledding. Not enough here for that.</p>

That's a bummer.  I went out with DS and it's pretty good sledding, actually.  There's about 3" of powdery snow and he was flying good, especially considering that none of the hills around the house are steep hills.  (Some are long, but shallower grades.  I didn't feel like taking him to a church nearby with a steep hill...maybe another day.)

Sue

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-27-2013 - 9:33am

So Jealous! I want a nice snow fall so bad! I need this years pictures of kids at play in the snow. We have had little opportunity for that! All we seem to be getting is bitter cold! Even my dogs are bummed out!  Enjoy it for us!

heather  

Community Leader
Sun, 01-27-2013 - 11:38pm

Well I won't say that we have "nice snow" but it's at least snow.  Or will be, until the (*&$#%)*($ rain that's starting wipes it out.  Grrrrrr.  Go away rain!

Sue