Friday Homeschool Recess 2/15

Community Leader
Friday Homeschool Recess 2/15
Fri, 02-15-2013 - 9:39am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

My Google calendar is such a liar.  It says I have "nothing scheduled for today."  It should come follow me around and find out what it is I'll be doing all day then, because I certainly won't be sitting around eating bon bons and loafing, LOL!

Negatives at co-op yesterday.  Evidently, in addition to being in "running wild throughout the church" mode (how is that acceptable in the first place???), the bigger boys were also in "pick on the girls and tease them" mode.  DD got called several names, including fat, and was made to feel very uncomfortable.  I pick and choose what to jump into the middle of and I chose to jump in.  So far between the two of us, we've gotten several heartfelt messages of support and apology.  The main perps haven't apologized yet...but perhaps the email hasn't been received either...but several teens realized that they could and should have stopped what was happening and didn't do anything, and have apologized for that.  Hopefully this will be a learning experience for more than one teen.  Kind of ironic, that was happening at the Christian co-op, while all of the public schools were having an emphasis on non-violence and on being nicer to each other!  Anywaysssssssssssssss........

I feel like a blah zombie today.  I think maybe it's because yesterday was so horrendous at work.  Just busy and every call was a really serious call.  Nobody died on our watch, so that's a good thing, right?  Well, died yet.  Hoping all recover.  I feel like doing what my Google calendar says I have to do...nothing.  If only!

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-15-2013 - 9:49am

Sorry about co-op.  I'm stunned these were teen boys acting that way,  Where were the supervising adults?  Sounds like a bad day indeed. 

Hoep you can squeeze in a bit of relaxaiton today.

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-15-2013 - 9:54am
Sue, I tried logging in at the top by going to the main IVillage page and it does recognize me there, but as soon as I get to the boards, it doesn't know me and I get the unauthorized comment. If I use Firefox, it still gets the unauthorized comment but then after a few seconds it takes me to add new comment. DH said he updated out virus software, but I wouldn't think that would affect my ability to log in?

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-15-2013 - 9:58am

Today is school and errands, and laundry and dishes and enjoying that DH is home before he takes off again.  On the agenda is getting an ink cartridge refilled, grocery shopping ( 2 stops), 4 loads of laundry, 2 dishwasher runs, and going out to brunch as our Valentine's Day out meal. 

Community Leader
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 7:37am

Where were the supervising adults at co-op?  Good question.  Sitting in the fellowship hall chit-chatting.  I seem to recall there being rules that kids were to be supervised when not in a class...and that they should be studying or doing quieter activities.  Obviously someone lost touch of that rule, LOL.  We'll see what has changed this week...if anything.  (I mean, my mom and I both observed that they're running and playing in the sanctuary...which at least to us isn't cool behavior, KWIM?)

I don't think that your anti-virus update should affect your ability to log in.  I will pass your comments along and see if anyone has anything to say that we haven't heard before Undecided

Sue

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 8:30am

Hope this week goes smoother and the resposnisible adults rememeber they are not there to cit chat.

Community Leader
Tue, 02-19-2013 - 1:23pm

We shall see.  Old habits die hard, ya know.  I won't hesitate to speak up though.  Two weeks ago I observed...now I will act.  They may get a lecture about respect...or respect...or respect.  With a bit of lecturing about kindness thrown in for good measure, LOL.  Hopefully their mothers will have taken matters in hand, though we've only heard from two "boy families". We shall see.  I'll be a couple of days closer to PMS by then Cool

Sue