Friday Homeschool Recess 2/22

Community Leader
Friday Homeschool Recess 2/22
Fri, 02-22-2013 - 7:50am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

Today is DS' favorite day of the year!  No, not Christmas.  Not his birthday.  It's tree tapping day Laughing  He is up already and filling his hollow leg...and he and poppa have a date at 0830 to get started.  They'll be tapping in the snow as it's just started and it's coming down heavy right now, but I don't think that'll bother either one of them, LOL.  Temps starting tomorrow will be entering the "above freezing during the day, below freezing at night" cycle, so the sap will be flowing soon, I think.

DD's chest is starting to feel better...hopefully that's continuing today.  I think she got a bit stir crazy, LOL.  I'll just be happy if she can sing on Sunday...or even before that.  She hasn't been able to sing all week and it's about killing her, to lose that method of expression.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-22-2013 - 10:14am

Good morning.  We got a few inches of snow last night.  Zeph is currently shoveling the driveway.  The pups had a great time ths morning playing in the back yard. Zeph has the morning off of school to spend some time with DH.  

This afternoon we've got a ton of history to work on and a bit of math.  Looking forward to having dinner all together and possibly a game tonight.

Community Leader
Fri, 02-22-2013 - 12:21pm

Whew, that snow came down in a hurry.  It looks like we got 4-5" in about as many hours.  We were supposed to only get 2-3".  They keep saying freezing rain or a wintery mix later...I hope not!  The radar shows the precip having moved north and nothing coming behind it, so I'm crossing my fingers.

It was snowing so hard that the boys decided not to tap trees this morning after all.  They worked on the rope ladder again, in the comfort of poppa's workshop.  I don't know if they're going to tap this afternoon, now that the snow quit, or do it another day.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting