Friday Homeschool Recess 5/24

Community Leader
Friday Homeschool Recess 5/24
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 1:07am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

I'm kind of scared.  DH got his new phone (first smartphone for him...same as mine now) and he hasn't called me because he couldn't figure something out.  I mean, this is good...he's not playing the helpless one.  I'm glad he's getting it figured out without me.  The phones definitely work better than our old ones.  Indoor reception is much better, and he says he can hear better than he could on his old phone.  Yay for that.  Mine seemed a bit muffled tonight in the new case I bought for it.  Not sure if I like that or not.  DD loves her iphone, and she's gotten everything cleared from her old ipod.  It just needs to sync with itunes on my computer tomorrow and then ds will have all of his stuff.  I foresee a huge "Life of George" Lego game session, now that he won't have to beg her for the ipod that he could play it on!

Kiddos have ceramics this morning, and then hopefully some "enjoyment of outdoors" can take place this afternoon.  The rain finally quit, and the town is flooded again.  This is flood #4.  There was supposed to be a carnival this weekend in the village park.  Guess what's under water?  Yep.  No carnival.  At least they hadn't set it up yet...that would have been bad!

I think I'm going to harvest round #1 of the morels today.  They've grown huge, with all of the rain, and more are still popping up from the ground.  Yay, I'll take it.  My mom brought me asparagus freshly picked from her garden, so I suppose she thinks that in return I should give her some morels.  She might have earned a few, since she keeps spotting them in the flower beds and yard, LOL.  She may have found more than I did this year.  However, they're on my property, so I think that answers the possession question Tongue Out

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

Community Leader
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 1:34am

Oh, forgot to mention that the next Arizona geology trip is booked.  Yes, ds is going again.  I think he would be offended to not be included, LOL.  They're going in October for 10 days, and this time they're flying into Vegas and hopping across to St. Georges, Utah then driving down to Chinle.  New territory to view and explore along the way, yay!  DS is already counting down the days.  Perhaps Poppa should have waited a few months to tell the boy Foot in Mouth

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 8:45am

It's exciting your DS gets to particiapte in the different stages of the AZ program.    

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 9:38am

The law is all about possession, so you will win in court. But....Your Mom is your neighbor and gives free babysitting and shares from her garden, I think she will win in the court of real life, so you better go ahead and share with her, because good neighbors are more important that who has the most food!

It is raining here all weekend. Our May snow problems have turned into it is never dry! We could really use sunny days, and today is feeling really cool with the moisture in the air and milder temps.  I wanted to do more field trips, ok...my student wanted me to do more field trips, but the weather has not been good for it. We may try another close by place, as then if it starts with the rain we can leave and be home to enjoy the day. Not stuck in the rain. Plus my Knee still can not do tons of hiking without aching just yet, learned that the hard way, on the last field trip. Yet, I really want my kid to have fun and I did not want to slow her down to much...so I suffered a bit for her, to have more fun. She is worth it, and my knee will only strengthen right? Extreme PT brings pain but then a day of rest and hopefully it only gets stronger! 

No big 3 day weekend plans for us. The weather is not great, and I am tired from all the end of year finishing of stuff and injury healing at the same time. We should really catch up with home work and go thru stacks of paper piles, and other boring stuff like that. Yet that takes energy and mine has been lower than I like, but I push the limits of that anyway, as I can. I am tired of being tired in the restrengthening of knee injury stuff. No real other choice, maybe I need a massage, that always helps the healing of tissue damage in a body.

Heather   

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 11:11am

I'm feeling really overwhelmed today.   I have a list a mile long of things that need to be done by Tuesday night and they are interwteiddnad need to be done in an order so until I get started and figure it out, I can't delegate.  A shower for myself is first followed by vocabulary, and history. Not sure what after that...

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 6:14pm

I had to quit list making when I injured my knee. I sometimes find them making themselves in my head, and the grocery list is on the board, but school list making I had to kill off, or have a mental breakdown. Maybe you need a day away from home and school? A Spa day? I need one, myself...but then I would have to make a list put that on it and then follow thru with it. My kid had a headache so we had rest day today. We both feel better. Maybe declare a rest day...and then actually do it.

Heather 

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-25-2013 - 10:44am

A rest day or a spa day would freak me out more!  There is so much to do, I couldn't iin good concsience take a day off.  I'd be stressed the entire time thinking about what needs to be done.  

Once i got my thoughts together, I firmed up some social commitments for June, decided with DH what classes Zeph would be taking over the summer (will register for them next pay check), confirmed dates and times with the dog sitter (chatted a bit too), contacted the cat sitter (waiting to hear back),  facilitated history and vocabulary, decided on hotels for the trip and finally figured out how to maximize DH's hotel points with the minimal cost to us,  typed up a detailed itinerary ( adresses, hours, phone numbres) in Word and sent it to DH's phone as well as printed it, showered and went out to a alte lunch with DH and DS.   After lunch DH had some errands to do (delegated errands) and then came home and weeded a small area and spread the rest of the mulch.  

Zeph and I went to his bank and had our change counted ( a pre-vacation tradiion) and he dpeosited some brithday money.  Then we headed to the mall to get him some shorts.  Ugh!  The boy sizes are too small and the men sizes are too large.  We tried new stores- American Eagle asnd Aeropostle, and the men's side of the stores were too flamboyent for DS's taste.  We had to hustle to break dance class then after drove (45 minutes each way) to the Lands End Inlet where we did find two pairs of shorts that fit!  I had hoped to go grocery shoppig but we were wiped out and the store was closing.  Zeph had really wanted to get a movie from the local redbox ( not redbox but same idea)  so we stopped to pick it up and they were out of it, so he and I split the cost and rented it from Amazon.  Pizza showeed up arond 9:30, started the movie-Mama  (some good scare scenes not too graphic, a pretty gentle intro to the horror genre)- and went to bed about midnight. 

Eidted to add Z and I also made it to the art store for water color paper, water colors and paint brushes.