Friday Homeschool Recess 5/26

Community Leader
Friday Homeschool Recess 5/26
Fri, 04-26-2013 - 8:25am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

Yay, day/weekend off, sun is shining, life is good!  Well, other than dentist appointments for the kids.  DD has had a lot of anxiety surrounding this but we talked last night and I'm pretty sure I know the reason(s) for her anxiety, even if she doesn't.  I promised her that nothing will happen to her today without her consent, and we will stop at whatever point she says stop.  I also said I will find a female dentist for her, if needed.  No reflection against the current dentist, whom ds and I will continue seeing...but...he's a man.

DD also has her music lesson this morning, since she had no voice Wednesday when it was supposed to occur.  We need to go yarn shopping, and probably really should go to Meijer for some fresh items.  Sigh.  No rest for the weary.

DH and DS are going to go work on that new office furniture some more this afternoon.  And somewhere in there, I'm supposed to educate the child.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-26-2013 - 8:59am

Looks like we're in for a beautiful day.  DH is off to the grocery store.  DS is reading in bed and I have the laundry going.  Planning on history, literature, and  math this morning.  DS wants to go out in a bit to clean the yard.  He's got a friend coming over after lunch and they plan on being outside.  This evening is break dance with a stop at the library. 

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-26-2013 - 9:46am

My student wants to be able to type faster, she requested a spelling lesson please. I love it when my student wants to learn! She wants to write...I have her will now, no stopping us! So we hope to get a full spelling lesson in today, which we have not done in a couple weeks due to my injury. She has done parts of spelling lessons but not the whole thing with my dry erase board magic tricks! She misses it. Ahhhh, so sweet, makes me so happy to be her teacher. It is also supposed to feel like Spring outside today, so we should get out and take notice of that. I better try and go for a walk then! I did ok with a short walk yesterday. It does hurt at night but it is not hurting as I use it like before, just later after a lot of use. So I am walking, a bit limpy and slow but walking, bearing weight well and for sure healing. Happy me....think snoopy with a smile! The house is still a mess, and I do not use my limited energy to start cleaning it up, because I prolly wont stop and then it would wear me out and hurt a lot. So I still have to live in a messy enclosure. My fish bowl is a mess, so I just gotta jump out and ignore it, until I have the length of energy to clean it all to my wishes. I keep nagging they keep ignoring me....and with injury I just can't be intimidating enough to get them into action, so I ignore it for now. It is a big mental challange and makes me cranky, but that is what I gotta deal with to heal for now. 

They non deserving school away student both have field trips with the community. If they were my students I would make them clean house first before we could even schedule a field trip....this is the power trip I miss as not being there educator anymore full time! :) 

Heather 

Community Leader
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 8:23am

Checkout the typing games I posted this week.

Sue

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 5:42pm
Cool...there is an APP for that! I think we have some old disk games too. She would be fine with just an open email as well. Write now I have to tell her how to spell as she writes, and I am just happy she is at that point of wanting to write. We are practicing new words in spelling hour all the time...starting with common ones then we will work from there, stuff from Spelling power and a few other places. I absolutely love she is doing so well! Her handwriting has improved form just copy work now that she is spelling more from memory. H.
Community Leader
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 9:43am

hbka20 wrote:
Cool...there is an APP for that! I think we have some old disk games too. She would be fine with just an open email as well. Write now I have to tell her how to spell as she writes, and I am just happy she is at that point of wanting to write. We are practicing new words in spelling hour all the time...starting with common ones then we will work from there, stuff from Spelling power and a few other places. I absolutely love she is doing so well! Her handwriting has improved form just copy work now that she is spelling more from memory. H.

That's awesome!  Sounds like she was ready for things to start clicking Smile

Sue