Friday, I think...4/14

iVillage Member
Friday, I think...4/14
Fri, 04-12-2013 - 4:57pm

We have a pair of little lions on site (hopefully the mom too)...I hope that they do not come to a bad end.  Here's a photo snapped by dh's coworker:

This morning I did some work (ordered capacitors fo fix a computer), made some lunch...this afternoon I was going to do some work but I'm off to a slow start.  I did walk to work wilth dh and down after making the order, right past the yard where the little lions were seen later in a dog pen, trying to get to the dog food, apparently.  I hope the mom is okay and takes her offspring some where that they are not in so much danger...we have been told that there will not be any resident lions on site.

Deborah

Community Leader
Fri, 04-12-2013 - 8:35pm

Awwwwww, aren't they just cute!  I hope they won't come to a bad end, too.  Momma, please move them away from people!

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

Community Leader
Fri, 04-12-2013 - 8:40pm

Sorry I didn't get recess posted today!  Our power went out for about 14 hours because of an ice storm.  Considering that they originally weren't going to get it on for almost 72 hours, 14 hours was nothing!  I put a 2nd comforter on my bed and I was downright cozy, though showering in a 54 degree house was a bit more unpleasant (but I did have hot water).  I had an excuse to turn on my gas log fireplace, so all told it wasn't bad.  I needed to go to town anyway, so that killed some powerless time, as well.  The roads weren't bad, but trees were coated and limbs were coming down and it was windy.  And now, we have a white yard again because it snowed.  

The happy wanderers have started the trek to Phoenix and then home.  They moved to another town from where they've been for over a week.  DD put 200 Project H.O.P.E. sticky notes all over the hotel before they left, and I saw a message to her from I'm assuming a housekeeper who really appreciated them.  She referred to a note for her, and then reading all the other ones they'd left.  Apparently my dad even helped Surprised  Tomorrow dd will have some time to interact with Native American teenagers.  I hope that will be positive for all involved.  

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-13-2013 - 8:52am

What a great photo!  Hope the momma can move them to safety.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-13-2013 - 9:06am

We went out to lunch with my mom.  She has a friend who is fostering a  momma dog and her pups.  The pups are about 6 weeks old.  Zeph and i had so much fun playing with them.  They are old enough to walk, but young enough to still be clumsy in that cute puppy way. 

DH got home safe and sound and I'm glad he is back.  He did come back with sort of news or rather an inkling.  He was asked to go to Singapore in few months, but it is hush hush for now.  While in Vegas he took on a different role than normal--the same role as the person whose job it was to go to SIngapore.  He thinks he is being considered for a different positon and he would like it, but the perosn who had that job was based in TX and while I would be willing to move in summer 2014, I want DS to be HERE for 8th grade.  We will see how things unfold.