Monday Homeschool Recess 1/21

Community Leader
Monday Homeschool Recess 1/21
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 8:39am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

Brrrrrr oh my goodness is it cold!!!  I was used to a warm winter, LOL.  Tomorrow will be even worse.  I just can't wait to work tonight and sit next to that cold wall with the cold air seeping in and my cold toes falling off my feet. Happy happy joy joy!

I'm taking dd to ceramics as she is actually awake and feeling ok this morning.  DS and I will get some school done...and laundry (happy happy joy joy there too).  This afternoon is relatively free and then it starts all over again after dinner, with rehearsals for dd and myself and then I work all night.  I'm sure my bright cheerful outlook will have changed by tomorrow morning, LOL.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 9:06am
It is snowing- Just enough to make it slippery, but not enough to enjoy it. Such a weird winter. I still have Zeph's snow gear in the shipping bags from Lands End because if he doesn't get to use it, I'm returning it. I told him that next winter ( if we don't get snow here) we'll look into doing a vacation up North to play in the snow. As much as I dislike it, he loves it!

Math and chores this morning and then he and I are off to his commputer class. I've got to say for FREE, this has been a great intro class. There are only four students which allows for some great one on one attention. I think today is all about Power Point and Excel. I don't know much about either. I was going to have him make a webpage for a geography project, but I'll tell him a Power Point presentation instead.  Once we get home, I have a ton of cleaning to do and he's got some Lit, history and history.   

DInner is potstickers, brown rice and beef with broccoli.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 10:22am

Yum, wish I was comming to dinner at your house! Mine will be out, and fast, due to two have Dance class.  Today all my students are at home, and I am happy about that! Yet, slow day for school work for me, plenty of Mom work, to do. One has up comming finals she is studing for today. We are watching a little history on TV. Maybe a swim, it is to cold to be outside, but indoor pool feels tropical, I love that! Then a friend is comming over to work more on a school project with middle girl, they are partners in crime at work together!  The cold has my hips acting out with aches, so I hope the pool helps warm my bones, and calm my aches! An ibuprofen and heat sort of day...sitting in front of the fire to warm my backside! That is it here...I am tired and wish I had a weekend off, from my weekend. Nope....not now, not here!

Heather

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 10:52am

I am always on the lookout for history shows?  What cha watching?

Community Leader
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 2:50am

So dd showed some moxie at ceramics today.  She went up the stairs and asked the studio owners for a job!!!  They may very well hire her for the summer (even while she's still 15...July birthday) to help with their clay camps!  She was pretty chuffed about that...and I was pretty chuffed when I got her to admit that talking to them was her idea, not the idea of the employee that mentors her and with whom she has a good friendship.  She's keen to have a job and she would love a "creative" job, not a burger flipping job (not a good idea anyway, considering her eating disorder...being around food is still a challenge for her, though eating it is less of a challenge than it used to be).

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 9:15am

Hope she gets it!  Sounds like a good match!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 9:32am

We were watching living history, inaguration stuff. Yet we love history channel and PBS. My oldest is a big fan of history learning!

H. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 9:33am
awesome sounds like perfect summer for her