Monday Homeschool Recess 2/18

Community Leader
Monday Homeschool Recess 2/18
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 7:48am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

Monday Monday why art thou a day?  LOL.  I could have easily stayed in my car and listening to the Brahms Violin Concerto, rather than walking up the sidewalk into work.  I suppose when you're arrived at work, it's too late to "call in sick", right?  After last Thursday, I'm still in need of a vacation.  Sigh.  Maybe today won't live up to it's name?????  I could hope for that!  And, I have orchestra to look forward to tonight.  So that's good.  Yes, I can do this thing called Monday!

The kiddos don't have anything going today, until dd's choir rehearsal tonight.  DH has tonight off from work so he can do the "take her to rehearsal" jaunt and I won't have to pick her up from a friend's after my rehearsal ends...which is super good because my rehearsal is at the concert venue and that's a lot farther away from where she usually hangs out.  Plus, there's a "cross country" route from the venue to our house that works a whole lot better than coming back through town.  So dh is enlisted, whether he wants to be or not, LOL.

DS has been working hard on his Lego Technic logging truck, and having great fun with it.  I need to decide what to get him for his birthday, that will be as cool as the logging truck!  He's decided Technics are fun after all because he loves the challenge.  Plus this has a motorized component!

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 9:07am

The logging truck looks cool- I just checked it out!  Zeph's 13th is a few months away, but we've started thinking about it.   I think we decided against a large party and instead will use that money to camp near Gettysburg.  I'm baffled as far as a gift.  The holidays were a Lego Pallooza and I'd like to surprise him with something different. Last summer he mentioned wanting a bike with gears (he's got a pricey BMX bike) and owning 2 bikes seems over the top to me, but I guess they are used for different types of riding. I've got time...

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 9:14am

Today we're staying at home.  We've got a bunch of school and I would like to tackle more laundry and another box from the garage.  A lady is coming to pay for/pick up my Sonlight materials today.  I am going to order another history class from K12 also.  Yes, that puts us at 3 history programs.  We are almost done with the CIvil War lap book, but will be reading Civil War themed books until end of May.  I also need to call the mom in charge of homeschool bowling too and see if we can get a new homeschooler on Z's team.  We might watch Lincoln's Killer tonight dependign on how things go.     

Community Leader
Tue, 02-19-2013 - 1:59pm

I think ds would be offended if he didn't receive Legos...and the more the better...for Christmas AND birthday. He hasn't filled out his birthday wishlist yet, although he has planned the activities and the way he'd like his day(s) to go.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting