Monday Homeschool Recess 3/11

Community Leader
Monday Homeschool Recess 3/11
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 12:28am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

OK, is it just me, or did the weekend seem to whoosh by rather quickly?  

Wow, something has possessed our cat.  During supper she played...by herself (well, with two strings and a tag, LOL) for a half hour.  We were cracking up. She was leaping straight up in the air and chasing her "toys" all over the place.  DD just texted me and said now she's literally bouncing off the walls.  As in, she ran into the wall, she was so hyper.  I think her catnip got laced with speed or something Surprised  

DS has big plans for the day.  The inside of the sap boiler is deteriorating, so they're going to completely disassemble it and rebuild it.  Hopefully the rain doesn't curtail that project, since today's the best day to do it!  DS even slept over at grandma's house so poppa could wake him up early and he wouldn't accidentally oversleep and miss out on working.  Those two (poppa and ds) are so cute together.  I love them both!

Not sure what dd will be doing but yesterday she was very ambitious when she was home.  I woke up and she was voluntarily doing a load of laundry, including things that didn't belong to her!  She got bunches of schoolwork (both home and co-op) done over the weekend, as well.  Maybe somebody slipped some speed into something she ate, too.  Or maybe she's been into the cat's catnip, LOL.  I don't know, but she was in a really super good mood yesterday and I won't object to that continuing for a few days.  Not that she's been in a bad mood or this was a change...it was just an enhanced good mood, LOL.  She does have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, but that's just a routine thing and usually isn't an anxiety-producing event.  We both have rehearsals tonight, so we'll have some "girl time in the car" together.  Monday nights are awesome Kiss

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

Community Leader
Thu, 03-14-2013 - 12:22am

turtleemom wrote:
<p>I must have my fun too.  Zeph is already making a list of more 'exoitc' foods for next time she visits.</p>

Laughing Laughing Laughing Too funny! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sue

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-12-2013 - 5:25pm

MIL stopped by today after lunch out with her girlfriends to say bye.  We invited her back sometime in early summer for another visit.  Late summer she and FIL will be here for about 2 weeks.   It was much less stressful than I imagined.  I will try to remember that for next time.  

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-12-2013 - 5:06pm
Unfortunately, Both my mother and my mother-in-law are bad house guest! We both refuse to be just what they want us to be, but insist on being willful children, who do it/life our own way! OMG...we don't need or want their advise, make and fix our own mistakes! How dare we act like grown ups! When they all still act like children! Neither of us loved our upbringing enough to do it the same way they did! How horrible, we want to do some trial and error work of our own! Heather
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-12-2013 - 10:25am
LOL...some people just do not co-habitate well. We do not have tv on at all times either, and I can't stand to hear it after I have gone to bed, I can not sleep with TV noise or TV glare. I like music on, need it for post sleep...but not TV. I also have my fav choices in diet...and when others come I try to make them comfortable but without making me uncomfortable. These people who think they can come and take over your home and it's flow....do not belong and are BAD company. I happily try to make others comfortable as long as that does not make me uncomfortable or interfer with my good health habits! Hotels are wonderful, for people who can not be a good guest in anothers home! The worst is when you are suffering, new baby, high stress...they know it, yet still want to add extra stress, not give actual help...do not go be with someone, if you can not give actual supportive help! YIKES! Ok...thanks for opportunity to vent that out! H.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-12-2013 - 10:14am

I must have my fun too.  Zeph is already making a list of more 'exoitc' foods for next time she visits.

Community Leader
Tue, 03-12-2013 - 9:48am

turtleemom wrote:
<p>she does not like kale smoothies and thinks Arugula in her salad is exotic. Wait til she tries endive, escarole or frisee!</p><p> </p>

LOL, too funny!  Glad the visit has gone ok...aside from the tv issue.  I'm right with you on that front.

Zeph's Civil War scrapbook sounds absolutely amazing.  Can't wait to hear that it's all finished!  Ship hulls from clay for experimenting sounds like fun, too.

Sue

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 9:38am

Have fun on your snow day. What a treat to get a long weekend.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 9:36am

Hmm a double post and then it ate my post...  Let's try it again.

Good morning!  Zeph has Lit Group today.  I have not seen this mom lead before, but have heard that she is a bit weak (comprehension, scratch the surface, not get to the meat of the book) so I think I will observe.  We'll stick around at the library and get some work done there-math and vocabulary, I'm thinking.   After the grocery store, Zeph is making a compass and experimenting with ship hulls with clay and water.  He's a got a bit more work to do on his Civil War photo scrapbook too. It is coming along beautifully.  We almost skipped this project, He's glad we didn't.  DH made the cardboard cover yesterday.  Zeph as a few more photos to mount (copies of actual Civil War photots)  and label before it gets stitched together.

DH is meeting MIL, SIL and a cousin for lunch.  MIl is now staying with SIL.  The visit went well, and  I'll be much less nervous next time.  We do have some kinks to deal with- mainly her wanting the TV to be on all the time.  Seldom does it go on before 8pm (weekends too) in our home.  None of us liked the intrusiveness of the background noise.  I also found out that she does not like kale smoothies and thinks Arugula in her salad is exotic. Wait til she tries endive, escarole or frisee!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 9:21am

double post

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 9:04am

Yeah I have noticed how teanager moods change as fast as storms roll into the sky and change weather....it seems really sunny out and then BAM thunder and lightning! SO you do appreciate it when they are sunny, more. I also work hard not to turn up the wind, and keep things calm. I buy her a lot of chocolate at the right times in her month too. It really does help. 

Snow day today. All the kids are still sleeping. Even my early/morning girl went back to bed. I should be doing something more productive with my quiet time. Yet I am trying to get use to the new keyboard so this is good to do for that. I am not use to the height of the keys because of the larger touch pad area. So it is awkward in the newness. I am still having to glance at the board a bit as I type and look for special keys.

So everyone here who knows what will get done, plus no classes out, way to much snow for that. I hope to do some home school work with my regular student and encourage the others to do some home work too. Otherwise just cleaning up after them and the regular stuff with kids home probably.

Heather