Monday Homeschool Recess 5/20

Community Leader
Monday Homeschool Recess 5/20
Mon, 05-20-2013 - 12:13am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

Today is family adventure day!  We are going on a zipline tour this afternoon.  DS has been saving his cash so he can pay for himself and dd (her birthday present from him...but we all wanted to go in spring not summer).  I'm hoping someone will keep the rain away but if not, we'll have a change of clothes for afterward and we're still going to have lots of fun!  If dd makes photos available, I'll try to post one later in the week. We have a favorite pizza/Italian spot to have supper after the tour, and I just saw on their facebook page that they might have morel mushroom pizza!!!!!!!  I need to try this, and soon!!

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-20-2013 - 10:48am

Have a great adventure!  The place looks awesome!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-20-2013 - 12:04pm

You can sing, zippity do dah...as you zip across the sky! That will be so fun. I am exhausted today for some reason. Probably been doing to much and it caught up with me. So today will be resting more and doing less if I can do that. I had a morning nap after the big kids left. Then we made smoothies for a healthy snack. I had a green one the way I like it (not the icky premade way) and my student had a purple one, her favorite. Maybe a nice salad for lunch, maybe I need more nutrition, cause I am low on energy.  Student is back at making up dance moves to an Owl city song. After lunch we will do a little book work. Doggie sitting tonight but noting else out, so guess I can make dinner too. So just basics and a slow day here. We need it. I did do some gardening and get some sun this weekend, maybe that used up energy reserves!  The rain and thunder was not great for sleep last night either, so did not rest well.  Instead of pumping up on caffine, I am going to try and be a little still and restful on and off today. That may be better for more energy to come back in my week.

Heather 

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-21-2013 - 1:24am

What a great day!  It did not rain as predicted but was warm and sunny with a light breeze.  I hosted the last game club of the school year- an epic Nerf capture the flag battle.  The boys had a blast and the time flew by.  I set down some ground rules- no aiming for the head and the perimeters of the playing field.  They came up with their own playing rules, problems solved, and compromised.   So funny, how happy they were for popcorn, trail mix, and lemonade-so easy!  

DH helped clean house this morning (vacummed and dusted, plus a ton of little jobs) while I worked on the kitchen and did grocery shopping.  School was accomplished too.  The rain even held off until after tennis.   A good day:)

Community Leader
Tue, 05-21-2013 - 8:35am

No zipping for us.  The weather radar was completely clean when we left home...and two hours later when we arrived up there, a huge line of thunderstorms had built over the state.  We tried waiting it out but there was still too much risk of more storms developing, so they cancelled the adventure completely.  Bummer.  The manager was very nice...felt so bad that we'd driven up specifically for that (vs the other riders, who were resort guests). I have his business card and I'm to contact him when we re-book.  I have a feeling he may give us a bit of a discount, which will be fine with me DS' wallet.

We still had a nice day together, a good dinner, and tons of laughter......and, we came home to an intact house and our family is together.  Put in perspective, our little bump in the road was like nothing.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-21-2013 - 9:51am

Sorry your adventure got delayed.  Sounds like you still had a good day.