Thursday Homeschool Recess 4/11

Community Leader
Thursday Homeschool Recess 4/11
Thu, 04-11-2013 - 7:49am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

OK, I am officially done with the rain.  Go away, it's time for sunshine and warm temps now.  Seriously.  The big river hasn't even crested yet, so another day of rising water, more roads closing, and now trees and wires going down from the wind.  I'd have rather stayed home today, than go out in it and put up with ringing phones today.  Sigh.  Oh well, I have the weekend off...such as it is Undecided

DD posted these pics yesterday

but she may not be alive anymore because she also posted a video of ds meowing like a cat in his sleep!  I'm not sure what they'll be doing today.  Yesterday they stayed at the hotel...had a nice breakfast together, did some laundry, watched a movie, and evidently didn't annoy each other too badly LOL.  They never called last night so I don't have updates or today's plans.

I finished another slouchy hat last night and if I may say so, it's pretty cute.  The yarn was variegated and ended up with a pretty tweedy look, which is cool.  DD approved of the texted photo, but of course, a pic is never as good as the real thing.  Now i have a silky medium blue to make a hat out of.  Debating whether to make the same pattern (which was my original plan) or dig out a different pattern that would use that weight of yarn.  Mmmmmm.  I have until this evening to decide Wink

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-12-2013 - 12:53pm
"I can't hardly sit around with stuff a mess around me, I have to fix it! H." Bwahahaha...come over to my house...it would be like free aerobics class!
Community Leader
Sat, 04-13-2013 - 8:09am

muddymessalonskee wrote:
"I can't hardly sit around with stuff a mess around me, I have to fix it! H." Bwahahaha...come over to my house...it would be like free aerobics class!

ROFL, you girls are so funny!

I think we're the ones with "problem" for wanting things clean, because then The People Who Would Rather Loaf and Do Nothing either have to get up and help us, get asked to help (and then feel guilty for exercising the option to say "NO"), or simply feel guilty because we are working and they are not.  I believe my husband actually cares so little, that he feels no emotion about sitting around doing nothing while I work my tail off.  His rationale is "Well, I was forced to vacuum (or whatever chore it was) when I was a kid, I did my time and don't have to do any more."  Um, well, by that logic, his sisters don't have to do any more either but they still are!  And I, who wasn't abused and forced to work as a child but helped because it was expected of me, am still doing those same chores, in my own house, with little to no help, 45 years later.   Don't bother trying to explain the logic because there is none.  Grrrrr.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-13-2013 - 8:43am

I am having thre hardest time posting photos.  I'll have DH take a look and see if he can figure out the problem, but I kind of doubt it is on our end.  Simpson episode was a huge hit. 

We had the best day skating.  Two of Zeph's friends brought friends which led to a great group of kids having fun.  The new homeschooled boy recognized moms and kids from the bowling league and felt part of the group rather than the new kid.  I know how important that was to him and his mom.  Speaking of them, in 2 months they have gone from we'll homeschool for 8th grade to let's do this through highschool:)

The book launch was stressful for me.  This is not a group of homeschoolers I know.  I am not good at small talk, but I forced myself and am glad I went.  Their kids are sophomore-seniors in highschool.  Due to the age difference we run in different circles.   While the group of teens were older and all knew one another,  Zeph dove in with conversation. Next year the topic will be Civics and and I feel comfortable that academically this is a good peer group.  It will stretch his abilities,and it will be benificial to him. 

Pages