Thursday Homeschool Recess 4/25

Community Leader
Thursday Homeschool Recess 4/25
Thu, 04-25-2013 - 7:20am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play. It's recess time!

Less blahs today so hopefully that means a good day at work!  Must be the coffee I got on the way in.  Certainly couldn't be emptying my wallet into my gas tank Surprised  The kiddos have co-op today but that's the only thing on the agenda for them.  I'm suspecting dd may want to go out with friends tonight....it's about that time of the week, LOL.  She hasn't asked yet though.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

Community Leader
Thu, 04-25-2013 - 1:14pm

Well dd got to co-op today and found out she has a "crutch twin"!  Another girl is also gimped...dislocated knee.  

The sun is coming out and it's warming up quickly.  Yay!  At least the view out my window isn't as gloomy.  I wish it would warm up indoors.  The building seems to be perpetually chilly.

Sue

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-25-2013 - 2:56pm

It's been a fun morning.  DS did some history and then DH, DS, and I headed to homeschool skate.  DH was only able to stay about an hour, but he and I had fun on our skating date:)  It's been years since he or I have been on skates, but it came back to us.  I stayed and visited with friends while DS skated for another 2 hours.  He's resting until tackling a bit more school before he and DH head to their evening bowling league.   I plan to work on cleaning the kitchen and laundry this evening.     

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-25-2013 - 2:57pm

Finally...a day at home. I switched the temperatures for two days in my last post: it was 24F YESTERDAY morning and killed some leaves on dd15's potato plant (in a pot too big to bring in). But 46F THIS morning, so...YES! dd19 was asked to help deep clean the cafe this morning (some bad management decisions have led to it having erratic hours and an uncertain immediate future...I even considered applying for the job, but it pays almost nothing (well, the custodians make less) and then I'd be typecast for sure...have already experienced that before, not being able to get an IT job despite having techie/scientific degrees because I took a secretarial job to pay the bills. Fail. So...this morning I did some general organizing and vacuuming...even made a foray onto the side of the bedroom that had dh's Man Cave stuff. I'd like to discard the vase of cut roses that dried...pretty but sort of morbid and also dropping petals and leaves, especially now that we have several pots of mini roses in bloom. (We inevitably kill the larger ones, even the ones that are supposed to be disease resistant.) I was going to go to work with dh today to finish off a project that I started last week (fortunately no one is looking over my shoulder for this one; it gets done when it gets done) but was Soooooo tired after days of commuting and getting to bed late, so I am writing this on my bed, with the oldest cat at my shoulder and the second oldest at my foot. Last night I finally got a second go at his dreadlocks...maybe another session will make him into a smooth (if somewhat patchy) cat. One reason I am not in the kitchen starting lunch now is that I went to bed with a clean kitchen and got up to a dirty one. I think I know who the culprit is. I am thinking of turfing her out of bed and making her clean up...but because I really want the rest of the day to be pleasant, I'm realizing that I'll have to clean it myself and be more proactive in the future. Sigh.

Deborah

Community Leader
Thu, 04-25-2013 - 3:50pm

Oh Deborah, you have one of those mysterious kitchen messer uppers too?  I just love that.  I can be at work all day and come home to some calamity that needs to be solved/cleaned, and none of the 3 people who was home all day has any clue how it happened!  I tell ya, I need to start blaming the cat.  It has to be her!

Sue

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-25-2013 - 5:26pm

I get a lot of the...I will do it later, I am trying to do my homework (what were you doing the hour that u have been in your room then) and can't someone else do it, stuff. I remember this guy I married who promised that since I was such a good cook, he would always do my dishes. I have determined that always has very different meanings to both of us! He is rare at doing dishes and that has been the norm since maybe one year after the I do's were done. It seems like nag fest lately about chores since I have not been doing "my part" due to needing to sit, for actual healing and health.

My kids love homework the moment I mention chores to be done! They read a lot, if it means they get out of a few more chores! Even the sweet baby who is very agreeable, is to the age she wants to find a reason not to do stuff more often. If they did not waste so much time trying to procrastinate and put off things that need done....we would all have so much time, especially me the NAG expert!

This summer the your grounded stuff and no phone for you and not the taxi Mom, may show up. She also throws them out with only water and popsicles and food they can forage in the yard when she has had enough....lock doors, good weather and one has a phone to call 911! They have your number Sue, when I have had enough and kick them out!  

I am tired,I am injured and they are complaining about little things I do daily without a peep of complaint when I do them! I have a mess all around me, it drives me batty, they don't hardly notice it!  

Mom work.... I am all for womens lib and having no children, for my childrens life! I am to late for it.  

Heather 

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-25-2013 - 5:27pm
I watch it happen, know who does it, get reassured they will put things away.....later, but WHEN IS LATER going to happen?????? H.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-25-2013 - 5:33pm
Yes....Now I know why so many english teachers do not like it when you use to many adverbs. Adverbs are a big FAIL.....always, later....they suck! maybe?