Thursday Homeschool Recess 6/13

Community Leader
Thursday Homeschool Recess 6/13
Thu, 06-13-2013 - 7:46am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

Packing, packing, more packing.  What fun.  I have quite a bit done...but the laundry is drying so there are things that are waiting on that to happen.  At least the sun is shining, after last night's rain.  Doesn't feel too humid, so hopefully the grass will dry fairly quickly.  DS needs to mow this morning.  We're off to see the wizard running this afternoon...counseling, staff meeting at work, and then they're auditioning for the summer theater production (Charlie Brown, the musical!).  No rest for the weary, and somewhere in there we're supposed to get ready to leave tomorrow morning, LOL.

I found lovely "peacock colors" yarn yesterday and dd is getting a new hat!

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-13-2013 - 8:27pm

Goodness.  This is the 7th time I've tried to reply.  Let's hope it takes.

Yay on all the packing.  Your life sounds very busy.

Yay on the RV.  I'm envious.  Really.  Scared to try it, yet am foaming at the mouth of the freedom provided.

Welcome back Turtle.  Read the update above.  It sounds like a fantastic trip.  Congratulations to your DS!

Whew!

This link and logging in thing is not working well.  The original link MAY let me log in, but it won't let me post.  I went to the alternate login, travelled back to here and STILL had to login twice.  Maybe why no-one is responding on the boards, Veggiemama.

Gotta tell you - I'm LOVING this homeschool thing.  DS is still unschooling a bit.  It's not as bad as it was last summer, but still there a bit.  We jumped immediately into Language Arts and Literature for the summer.  We put math on hold.  One of our sports has started.  The next one starts next week.   Poor kiddo.  No wonder he struggled so in school.  He's finished the first grade curriculum and is already through half of second grade in Language Arts.  I think I finally found his upper limit on literature and want to back down a bit so he is comfortably challenged and not maxed out.  I hope that makes sense.

Get this - since homeschool started, not once has lunch been a bowl of macaroni noodles and raisins.  We've had 3 different types of cheese, nuts, fruits, etc.  It's been awesome.  DS6 has even taken charge of creating his own dish for dinner.  Admittedly, it was pasta, bacon, and ranch dressing.  BUT I did not expect much different at this time.  He even cooked it (obviously, I handled the safety parts).  Today he helped make crabcakes for dinner.  "I like the way crabcakes feel!" says my sensory avoider.  Who knew?!  (Actually, I did.  This is how he was before any schooling).

He's such a great kid.  It's so wonderful to have him HOME. 

K