Tuesday Homeschool Recess 1/15

Community Leader
Tuesday Homeschool Recess 1/15
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 9:30am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

Whew, it got chilly finally.  Dare we think that winter has arrived?  It was 10 degrees when I got up this morning and there are sparkly diamonds on the snow and it's gorgeous!

My calendar says "there's nothing scheduled" today.  Bwahahaha, silly calendar.  Doesn't it know about all of those important things like laundry and cooking and cleaning and homeschooling?  Someday I should put them all on the calendar so dh can thank me for doing them...ROFL.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 10:03am

Good morning. No snow here, just cold!  

Housework for me, school for Zeph.  He's got a history test and lesson followed by other history lesson ( different program) a math lesson, 2 lit lessons, and  geography.   This afternoon he has woodworking. DH is going to drive and wait.  Afterwards they'll go grocery shopping and run to he libray to pick up a book I forgot yesterday. I'm going to make the most of a day at home since the rest of the week looksd like I'm on the go.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 3:14pm

I got  "called in" to work early with one kid telling me the other was sick in the bathroom about 5 am. She was really sick, it was really everywhere!  So, good timing germs...by the time that was somewhat contained and cleaned up and kid put back to bed, I had time to shower and start my regular days work. Yet, had to cancel a bunch of stuff and the well bored kid has to stay home with the most recent patient in recovery. While I was sent back into laundry duty, and nurse care not to mention home schooling for the one. Will have to post pone new Science work, old Science work is still a problem!

I am tired and not bored now! Please let this be the end of our germ warfare for just a little while, please!  I need a nap, but have taxi work to begin in less than hour. Maybe after that, IF everyone will be quiet and clean and not needy...hahahaha! If not maybe I can pass out early to bed tonight! More caffine now, please!

Volunteer work, is never finished! 

Heather

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 4:37pm

l  recevied a surprise phone call this morning from a long lost friend.  She is at her wits end with private school (already tried public) and wants to homeschool.  We met for lunch which was an absolute treat for me.  I think she needed to check that I was not crazy and normal people do homeschool.  She had a lot of questions too.  We had a nice 2 hour visit and I hoped I helped her see that she could do this and that her fears were normal.  Zeph and her son got along really well and we drifted apart, but I think the boys would be happy to reconnect.

Nice way to spend part of the afternoon. Happy to see a stack of completed schoolwork waiting for me.  Just lit discussion, math, and Wii geography game to go:)

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 4:41pm

Hope it passes quickly!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 7:40pm
No passover miracles, just suffering thru it here. Yet,strong little immune systems work well. It slows them but stops no one here! So...back to healing and clean up stuff! H.
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2013 - 9:01am

It's not the flu, is it?  It sounds awful. Hope she's better today. 

Is the school being decent with sick days missed and homework?  I know different kid, but how did you get the missing PE credit straightened out?

Community Leader
Wed, 01-16-2013 - 10:19pm

Oh no, Heather.  I hate the "sick everywhere" kind of sickness.  Ick.  (Last time one of mine was sick everywhere I was at work overnight and dh got zinged with it...and he took the bedding outside and hung it over the fence and turned the hose on it.  Now why didn't I think of that???  Course, it wouldn't work in this season, and it wouldn't work if "everywhere" wasn't a bed!)  I hope your little patient is feeling better by now...and no germ spreading allowed (I wish)!

Sue

Community Leader
Wed, 01-16-2013 - 10:21pm

turtleemom (I hate that it doesn't show to whom we're replying and looks like we're replying to ourselves!) nice that you could meet up with your friend.  I hope she'll consider hsing  to be a good option for her kid...or at least be willing to try it.  We all know, it can't hurt to try, right Wink

Sue