Tuesday Homeschool Recess 1/22

Community Leader
Tuesday Homeschool Recess 1/22
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 2:54am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

I think everyone gets to sleep in this morning, which made everyone happy (and should keep everyone warm and snuggly for a bit longer).  This afternoon dd has a computer tech session with grandpa and her music teacher, trying to figure out how to persuade her laptop and grandpa's keyboard to speak with each other so she can more easily get music from her head into a printable form.  Then there's youth club at church, and then the kiddos separate.  DS is coming to work with me for a while, and DD is staying at church with poppa for a concert (music of the Psalms) followed by a late night dinner date.  Poor ds is going to be stuck with me until late but hey, I can't help that.  At least he won't have to walk home Undecided

As for me, I am the designated driver, LOL.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 9:54am

Still not feeling 100% today but my day has been scheduled for me and so I must go with it. I do feel a bit better as far as hips. So having to take it easier today, as to keep that healing going. The pool helps, especially if I take it light as far as exercise and enjoy the warm humidity and the hot tub soaks. My student is not feeling to motivated....so maybe a video edu type day besides our run work routine. Maybe I will just read to her and we can play a bit, besides the music lesson and teen lunch date for finals week, taxi pick ups and more music with other music educator it is MUSiC day!

I hear ya Sue on setting up the technology to work with the Artistry of music being a big PITA, but very needed to save our work and work more on the art of music. My little one has been self educating with Piano, now that she is having Viola lessons instead of Piano lessons. She was learning a new piece on our Keyboards built in lessons. She was trying out "The First Noel" so still hearing Christmas music in my home! We keep the spirit of the holiday going here!

I need to get her the next computer program as the one I bought she loved but flew thru the lessons and for me.... time, money and need for rest and sleep, have kept me from getting it ordered yet! Not to mention I have to fed and clean people around the clock!  Plus we have lots of lessons to do, from live music teacher....not small computer animated austrian guy! He is really cute, hard not to want to do the next lesson!

Tired but must keep moving.....coffee may be my motivation for today!

Heather              

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 10:07am

Good morning! I woke up with 2 pups by my head-each trying to be as close to the headboard as possible.  Tuns out the cat was sleeping by my feet and they are scared of him!  Happy me to have all 3 fur babies in bed:)  Slow moving morning.  It is cold! Even the pups didn't want to stay outside and play. Laundry and dishes on my agenda. Zeph has wood carving this afternoon. We've got about 2 hours of history with some math and literature to add in also along with trips to Target and the library.  Dinner tonight is cod and fries. I'm making my own sea salt fries- hoping they turn out.

Community Leader
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 7:38pm

Yum, sea salt fries.  I'll be right over.  I am hooked on sea salt, LOL.  

Envisioning your bed with all of the critters in their spots.  Too funny.  They all wanted to be warm.

How did your dh's trip go?  Tell him I'm sorry we had such a frosty welcome for him but I do hope he'll come back so you can come too!

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 11:04am

He hit ice and snow on the way up and the drive took forever.  He comes home tonight.  Today he is in Grand Rapids.  I haven't talked to him yet.  We keep missing each other.