Tuesday Homeschool Recess 1/29

Community Leader
Tuesday Homeschool Recess 1/29
Tue, 01-29-2013 - 9:21am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

I'm not sure whether to call it winter or summer today.  There's still snow on the ground...but temps are rising rapidly, we've already had a thunderstorm, and the flooding has started.  We're supposed to get mega rain in the next 24 hours too (up to 2.5"...why can't that be snow?!?!) and on top of that, the snow will be melting.  What a sloppy mess.  Can't wait for it to get cold again tomorrow night!

DD ended up sick yesterday...waiting for her to get up and see if she's any better.  Hopefully she is.  She didn't come get me because she had vomited in the night, so hopefully she had a good sleep and will be ravenously hungry this morning.  I just wish I could get her well.  She gets almost well and then gets some other bug.  Poor girl. I think she needs to open her bedroom windows today and air out her room!    If she's feeling ok today, we're hoping to get a counseling appointment for her since she is supposed to be out of town and miss her normal Thursday appointment.  

Aside from that...it's household chores, school, and hopefully running a couple of errands in town.  DS has a scarf idea but we need some minkee fleece in order to proceed.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-29-2013 - 9:50am

Another wet gray day, but it suppose to be near 60! I have a couple of windows open and the house smells fresh. Of course that could be becasue I don't have 2 stinky pups by me right now too. They both need a bath!

School this morning and afternoon broken up with bowling in-between. Zeph needs to prebowl for Saturday's league since he'll be missing it to work with a carbon sequestration expert Saturday. He's got his geography final today and I know he hasn't studied. I think he expects it to be easy. It's not easy.

MIL has decided to only stay with us 2 nights and with SIL the rest of the time. I think that is a good plan. BUT last time she stayed with SIL it didn't go well. It's not that I don't want to see her, I'm happy she will be in town. I am feeling stressed about setting the right tone for this visit. If I'm too hostessy she'll expect it each time, but I don't want to come off as rude. She and FIL have metioned a 2 week visit this summer and I want to set ground rules now.

No ideas on dinner or lunch, but blts sounds like a good possibility for one meal

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-29-2013 - 2:55pm

I'm so jealous of your warm temps. We got 5 inches last night and its a wonderful 27 degrees, but the sun is trying to come out from behind the clouds.

Ds did his math and writing, reading and english all before noon, hels to get up really early and gert started.

DD got her school work done by 12:30, we have a glich but its an easy fix to do.

my public school child and I can't beleive they had school with the snow and ice but they did, however they cancelled parent teacher conferences for the teachers safety, which I think is weird.

DS14 has practice tonight so we are having chicken rice and hopefully spinach, we might do cuccous though.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 12:45pm

iT IS wed here but I am now doing both Tues. and Wed work so does they day even matter that much, the work is still th same! I went to two differing stores to look for food stuff to fill the freezer with ingredients for meals...and the fridge! I needed a good week of comfort foods in moderation before really going bck to limiting calories, my body is in major protest.

So I let my inner chef guide me. On my to-do list: I have buffalo salsberry steak with mushroom gravy, Chicken marsala, Grilled Ribeye with chard and pan potatoes, Turkey burgers with avacado and mexi chips, Grilld trout, maybe an almond sauce...but watching out for calories still with moderation, Fish nuggets for the kids that day. Gyros with greek salad, and on game day brats with kraut....along with some good veggie sides and lunch/breakfast stuff. I was starving myself....and my body was mad!

So a week of chef cooking and then  I can weather another month or so of more controling calorie counts and dieting! My home student and I knocked off some Science work with our hydro garden lab....actually more technical, changed out a water pump, cleaned electric conectors...still science. We are enjoying watching it snow. She wants to do another Chem experiment...but will have to wait and see as far as time and energy goes with that! The snow was lovely but not very much...and now it covers the ice, so must be careful and practice safety skills educaion when we are out for a language arts lesson and other stuff. So staying busy. I even got some dishes done yeah! Can not cook like a chef in a kitchen mess! She did her Math on computer and a few workbooks so we did accomplish a lot so far....good enery day for both of us to knock of soe to-do items. 

I always feel better after kicking off some to-do tasks work! Plus fun Science with my little chemist to be, she loves Chem/science geek stuff! 

Heather   

Heather        

Community Leader
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 2:37am

thau wrote:
<p>I'm so jealous of your warm temps. We got 5 inches last night and its a wonderful 27 degrees, but the sun is trying to come out from behind the clouds.</p><p>Ds did his math and writing, reading and english all before noon, hels to get up really early and gert started.</p><p>DD got her school work done by 12:30, we have a glich but its an easy fix to do.</p><p>my public school child and I can't beleive they had school with the snow and ice but they did, however they cancelled parent teacher conferences for the teachers safety, which I think is weird.</p><p>DS14 has practice tonight so we are having chicken rice and hopefully spinach, we might do cuccous though. </p>

I will gladly trade you the warm temps (that we had...it's down to  27 now and blustery) for snow.  We were finally starting to have snow, and it all melted and the ice went out of the river.  Then they said we were supposed to get 3-5" of snow tonight and tomorrow...but that got revised and now we'll be lucky to have anything above flurries and a dusting.  Gack.  I hate brown winters and that is all we seem to have anymore!

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting