Tuesday Homeschool Recess 3/26

Community Leader
Tuesday Homeschool Recess 3/26
Tue, 03-26-2013 - 8:45am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

Today is dd's radio interview about Project H.O.P.E.  Link for listening online provided in a different thread.  I'm going to play around with recording it but I don't know if I can upload what I record or not.  We'll find out, LOL.

I have a life insurance physical to endure, and then the kids have counseling and youth group this afternoon.  No rest for the weary, apparently.  Maybe I will take the new Sonlight catalog along and make marks in it with a pen.  That would keep me pleasantly occupied for several hours, don't you think?

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-26-2013 - 8:58am

An afternoon with the catalog sounds lovely.  I'm often on their site looking for books to go with history.  I pick them from across the cores.  I had next year figured out and then DS made some requests that messed up my planning.  Now I am replanning.  Thank goodness I like the planning process!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-26-2013 - 9:15am

Housework and playing this morning with a tiny bit of school mixed in.  Then I am taking DS and 2 of his friends and meeting a 3rd friend and his mom at the bowling alley for a fun afternoon.  DH will be home on pup duty and working too:) 

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-26-2013 - 9:48am
I need to make apt and stuff. I have a stack of to-do's but my knee hurts so maybe I will just use that as an excuses to procrastinate and do less. Plus I still need to rest it, ice it, all that. I do want it to heal, I need that good side to work well, so healing is no joke! I guess we can sit and read, that is academic anyway. The house will just be a mess around me....done that before in order to deal with pain. Drives me nuts not being able to do...but a good book is a good distraction as you heal and can not be up and around. I will go order my Easter read, to come to my door step, so I can rest and heal better! Wonder what my little girl will make me for lunch today? She made lunch for us yesterday. Oh wait we have music...I guess we can pick up something on the way home. I never used Subways drive thru, maybe today in the golden opportunity to do ti! Heather
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-26-2013 - 1:42pm

I would fail all physicals today. It looks like I will have atleast 6 weeks of revcovery if not more just from this little twist disaster to my knee. I found out on mend my knee dot com that if I don't (or even if I do heal it...I may need surgery). I will do anything possible to avoid all surgery! So good thing right away I started doing exactly as I should elevate rest and ice. I will be forced into the wheel chair for any mall trip outings according to the info. I have to ice it several times a day...freezing it, and stay off of it...until pain lowers swelling goes away. So far I have not let it sweal as I have had it frozen or elevated or used my cane right away.

I have a medial meniscus injury...know for the pop/snap and pain that I experienced and the twist that happened to cause the injury. Seeing part of that area in the knee is avascular it is a big PITA to heal, and often can require surgery....but I am set on avoiding that! I might have done ligament damage...but Dr can only guess based on pain and suffering as you heal...same fix, ice and rest.   It seems bodies that are out of alignment such as mine are more prone to knee injury so this was comming to me. I don't think I have the unhappy triad wich is more liagament involvement because the outside of my knee does not hurt at all.

I guess I should go see a health care person just to have them write this all down themselves....just incasse scar tissue happens and they force me into surgery (which would take forces and drugs probably too...stuborn me). SO I am very unhappy researcher for them moment!

H.    

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-27-2013 - 9:20am

Your knee sounds pretty painful.  Did the doctor do and MRI?  Hope you get some answers.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-27-2013 - 1:44pm
I go in tomorrow for an examination, and to talk about it all. I think it is a medium level injury of that type. It hurt like he~~ Both when it snapped out and then back in, when I fell. I screamed....the kids heard it downstairs and thought someone might be attacking me or something....no, just the vacuum fall. I was upstairs. It still hurts even with some motrin and lots of ice...so it is an ugly little injury. I am not sure what they will do to me, and I am not looking forward to it. I was hoping it would stop hurting in 24 hours and I could pretend it never happened...but nope....so I looked it up, and now gotta go in. I am accident prone these days! See being active is bad for you! We should all be safe on the sofa right? Yet that is bad for you too. You just can not win....you will have to see doctors and pay and pay to stay in good health. I try everything I can to avoid having to be ill and yet, illness and injury find me anyway.
Community Leader
Thu, 03-28-2013 - 10:43pm

Oh no, Heather, I'm so sorry about your knee.  I hope you'll be able to avoid surgery...but...yea...those meniscus tears.  Eeks.  My hubby tore his a few years ago.  He pulled up to the ATM but was in his truck so he was stepping out to walk up to the ATM.  He felt a pop as he stepped onto the running boards, so he sat back down in the truck waiting for it to hurt.  It didn't hurt...so he stepped out again and when his foot hit the pavement, he about fell because it hurt so bad.  He did have to have surgery, of course, being that much older.  Recovery wasn't too bad, at least as compared to his shoulder surgery (a drunk kicked him in the shoulder and he had a LOT of tears and cartilage chips floating around and stuff...and a really super stupid idiot of a doctor that dinked around with meds and therapy for 2 years instead of sending him to surgery...so of course, it was even worse by the time they operated!!!)  Anyway, I hope your home treatment will heal your knee.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting