Tuesday Homeschool Recess 4/16

Community Leader
Tuesday Homeschool Recess 4/16
Tue, 04-16-2013 - 7:46am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

Is it bad that I have 11+ hours of work left and I'm already counting down the hours, LOL?  I'm just not feeling it today.  Whatever it is that I'm supposed to feel Wink

Today is a relatively light day for the kiddos.  Dd has an extra choir rehearsal, practicing with the three other youth choirs for their performance next Tuesday.  She's going out with friends afterwards so I won't see her until later tonight.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-16-2013 - 8:22am

Today will be a go with the flow kind of day.  DH is home with no big plans of his own today.  DS has quite a bit of school and I want to go to the track, library,  and the Y to register DS for their break dance class-not his idea, but a friend is taking it and DS thought it would be fun to join him.  Lots of free time, if they decide to wake up!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-16-2013 - 9:32am

I am still trying to re-plan around what I can do and can't do with injury, and long term recovery efforts. I have been here before with illness stuff, and I always hate it, but generally do learn to cope and find a strategy to work around the issues and live as well as I can with illness or problem. I am a problem solver type person that way, and have always thought that way! I always realize how very producitve I am in good health and so then when it is less than good, I miss my good health a lot. So concentrating on that knocks out about 25% of my productivity that is now focused on recovery. SO I have to plan around that now. Yet..I am commited to my students foremost after staying useful enough myself. All else in life must be less than that in importance. Even if it cost me more money, time or whatever long term...more sacifice or pain bring it....I am here for endurance and my kids!

So revamping scheduling to accomedate my newset special needs health issues. My leg is better, better range of motion, I can take stairs in regular walking ways...but it hurts and needs rest more than I like. I have found ways to work around it, and till take care of my family in decent health ways. We may not have perfection for quite some time as far as diet and home maitance, or even education...but we will manage and move forward anyway.

Today is music, so hope to make it to that. I feel able right now.

Heather