Wednesday Homeschool Recess 1/23

Community Leader
Wednesday Homeschool Recess 1/23
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 12:52am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

OK, who took a picture of my kitty?  Well, she's orange and not striped...but this would totally be her, with or without the string!  She's such a silly little fat girl.  I can safely say that she has endeared herself to everyone in the family...even the one who likes cats the least!  (He did admit to missing our old cat because that cat parked himself right on hubby's chest, where this cat prefers to sit next to him on the arm of the chair.)

DD has her music lesson this afternoon, and I have to get groceries because for some reason, the people in the family seem to think I should feed them.  I don't know where on earth they got that idea, LOL.  We need fresh vegies especially...and I have a bunch of coupons that involve fresh vegies. Yay for us.  I always feel so healthy when I buy colorful items in the produce department.

I was reading some interesting things last night about right-brain learners, and wishing that the high school and college learning experience could be more right-brain friendly.  DD has so many talents and abilities and so much potential, but I worry about her ability to cope in college.  I probably shouldn't...she'll probably do just fine.  But I'm the mom and it's my job to worry, so I will do that anyway, thank you very much.  Here's one of her new songs: http://youtu.be/iuVmId9YuVk

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 9:33am

I agree Sue, My more right brain or need to have integrated right/left work kids, sure make me worry! I had a few college educators that made things that were easy for me, seem hard, due to the way they wanted me to spit back facts. Or they presented out of order, did not schedule the labs to coresponde all that!  So having been there, makes me worry, as my kids will need good educators.

Plus those difficult educators refuse to understand it is there lack of brain skills that are causing the problem for us who need connected understanding to learn best!  They are either intimidated by the student or self coscience about how they are teaching....instead of being open and letting the whole experience expand them and the student and the world to grow and learn better.

I was glad to quit college and begin a family, and then my skills were really needed in problems that came up with said family! I learned a lot better on the job, than in any classroom!  Not to mention I helped my husband get thru school at the same time, and become more a success in his life!  I am glad I followed my heart and did what was best for those I cared about most, rather than trying to follow some outline for ilfe others draw up as the way to grow. My way had plenty of struggles but I think I learned a olt more following my heart, and caring for family gives such heart benefits back, that there are no regrets here!   

Today....to many appointments and jobs to do again. Yet, I did go to bed early and rest so I feel ready for it!

Heather     

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 10:26am

Quiet day today. With it being so cold out, I'm hoping to stay in all day.  We're playing catch up with the Civil War and I see the lap book being done by end of February and all of our reading selections being done by end of May-if I stop adding in more.  We've both really enjoyed it, but I am glad to see it will all fit in and not have to carry history into the summer-just middle ages history. Ah summer, warmth...

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 9:30am

Guess I'm going out afterall.  Buffy has a paw that is all raw with a big hole in it. We're off to the vet. Bringing Frodo too since they don't like to be apart.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 9:31am

She's fine. The vet compared it to a skinned knee and said it should heel within a week. She suggested I put Neosporin on it 2x a day and try to vaseline and sock her other pads since they are so rough.  Buffy was fine with the Neosporin but I'm not sure how she'd do wearing socks!  She was so good at the vet, friendly and curious not shaking like on other trips.  Frodo is her little boost of courage.

Community Leader
Sat, 01-26-2013 - 1:13am

Glad Buffy's paw is ok.  Poor girl, that's gotta hurt!

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting