Wednesday Homeschool Recess 3/13

Community Leader
Wednesday Homeschool Recess 3/13
Wed, 03-13-2013 - 9:52am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

I tell ya, the weather is not cooperating with this maple syrup thing!  The forecast will say it's going to be warmer, and then at the last minute they revise it and it's chilly.  Can't get the sap flowing if it doesn't warm up a tiny bit, at least!  Oh well.  That's half the fun, I suppose, right?  Just that there's a trip to Arizona in a couple of weeks so they were hoping to be done making syrup by then.  At the rate things are going, they'll be right in the middle.

We have an ice dam behind the house.  I haven't gone and looked at it yet but my dad said it's piled up pretty good and appears to be at least slowing the river upstream.  That could be interesting if the ice lets go!  He said it looks like the river is receding though, which will also be interesting if it leaves the ice pile marooned.  The ice has gone out from the rest of the river.

DD sees a new nutritionist today.  She's a bit nervous...just because of meeting a new person...but the lady comes highly recommended and has an interest in eating disorders, so I don't think we'll run into a personality conflict or anything negative.  DD just wants/needs someone to whom she is accountable, and someone who can give her some more coping tips and helpful resources.  She's doing pretty well on her own though too.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-13-2013 - 10:17am

What will we get done today? My teen is home. So that could change things. I have a plan, and I will try my best to get as much done as I can! I hope to have a better looking mop of hair before the day is over! So others will not be judging my apperance as frumpy due to ignoring this stuff, as much as I can! I like to work from the inside out with apperarance, so often that leaves less time for the hair stuff. Decent diet, good skin care, some sort of exercise....all that takes up so much time, that perfection of the mop...is low on my list. Luckily my hair guru lady knows and always does a great wash and go sort of do, for me. She is amazing with exterior work! I always love what she can do. I could never do that! She has REAL talent!

Heather 

Community Leader
Thu, 03-14-2013 - 12:36am

How did things go with the "teen home dynamics" in play?  Was she home sick, or was this a scheduled day off from school?

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-14-2013 - 9:18am

She made the other one feel sick too. So they all complained of sore throats and I am so tired....but I made the home schooler do her work anyway! The teen slept so she did need rest, and did not bug us to much. Her cough has been keeping her awake and so she was over tired for sure, from virus overload winter! H.