Wednesday Homeschool Recess 4/10

Community Leader
Wednesday Homeschool Recess 4/10
Wed, 04-10-2013 - 8:36am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

I think we're going to have to get going on building the ark.  It's been raining for 2.5 days already, and they're saying we're supposed to get 2-4" more inches of rain by Friday!  Oy.  I think some of my dad's sap buckets are in danger of floating away as their property floods...I don't think his friend came and pulled taps on Sunday like he'd mentioned doing.  So if he's not home, my mom is going to have to go out and find the imperiled ones.  I should have done that yesterday, but I didn't know we were supposed to get so much more rain.  Sigh.  I know he does tie them to the trees if there's flood danger but I'm not sure if they're tied or not.

The happy wanderers have a more relaxed day today.  My dad and the other researcher have a meeting with tribal leaders to present more information on what they're doing, so the kids conned Poppa into saying they could sleep in and stay by themselves at the hotel and not go sit through a boring meeting!  I believe ds' goal for the day was to watch Netflix on the Kindle all day, LOL.  I guess, for all of the hiking (and pothole discovery) they did yesterday, they probably deserve to sleep in and relax today.  Yesterday was quite strenuous, but reported to be pretty fun too, except for dd's period starting so she was a bit cranky by the end of the day.  (She complained to me and I suggested a nice looooooong hot shower when she got back to the hotel.  She actually followed my advice and was in a much better mood....plus there was a banana cream pie purchased for dessert and that was...for her...as good as chocolate therapy!  That's one of the two kinds of pie that she likes, LOL.)

I finished crocheting one slouchy hat for dd and started on the next one.  She liked the photo I texted her of it.  There's enough yarn left to make several more, and one of her friends really loves slouchy hats, so with dd's permission (to have matching hats, that is) I will make another one and give it to her friend.  

I'm at work and dh had to go to a weighmaster class this morning, so the cat should be having a nice cozy nap so she can pester dh when he gets home, LOL.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-10-2013 - 9:47am

I slept better last night and did not wake right as the meds would have warn off, but a few hours later, like 430 not 1am, so that was good. Yet, today I am going to do pool Physical therapy so tonight that probably will not be the case, no pain no gain in therapy on bad leg. I feel more clear headed today and I have thought about a huge list of things I have put off due to injury that now need to go on a to-do list to be done. I will be behind for a while, even if I have others help me. So much is stuff only I can do, or else it just will not be done properly or I will be re-doing it. Already I have told someone what to do....waited, seen it done wrong, then had to do it over anyway....very frustrating! I am still really tired but better just get use to that as I power thru it. I do know how to power thru "tired" it really is just a mind game....tired, you can push beyond it, if you are strong willed enough...I have that! Will power, yep. So finally the dishes were done by the kids, but we had take out so as to not create more.    So better go make list while I can think clearly enough to do so. It will go away as the pain comes, and the tired pushes against the will, then nap time will take over. Coffee is a miracle worker! 

Heather 

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-10-2013 - 10:05am

The pups woke me up again at 4:40.  Not fun!  I let tem out and once they came back insdie, they were crazy dogs!  I wound up crating them and they calmed down and then I let them out and we all fell back to sleep about 6.  Then Frodo woke me up at 8 shaking and trying to snuggle as close as he could since it was thundering. I think I am going to buy him a thunder shirt.  Buffy, self soothes pretty well by hiding, but when Frodo is anxious, she feeds off of it and they're nutty. 

I'm hoping for a nap later.  After history, history, math, vocab, more history, the post office, lunch out, and the grocery store.  After my nap there is literature, art, and more history plus our read aloud. I bet someone will want to eat again:)    I should buy Zeph a shirt that says: eat, sleep, history... 

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-10-2013 - 2:28pm
Snow this morning, not enough to quite cover the ground, a big change from yesterday's blowing dust. Now dd19 and dd15 and I are in town...had to come early. About to go to pharmacy and then to buy a tee shirt for dd15 to tie dye. This afternoon: class for dd19, two violin lessons for me, Ultimate for dd15. And other stuff. Deborah
Community Leader
Wed, 04-10-2013 - 6:17pm

My dad has some cool pics of the dust storms, as taken from atop a mesa.  Fortunately, dd was able to procure a bandana and not have asthma problems from inhaling dust.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting