Wednesday Homeschool Recess 4/17

Community Leader
Wednesday Homeschool Recess 4/17
Wed, 04-17-2013 - 8:22am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

On the phone with the insurance company because they rejected all of the claims for ds' counseling for the year.  Gack.  I hope it's just a matter of how it's coded.  Drat those billing codes, which of course changed on January 1st.  The counselors are a new practice and they don't have a secretary/billing person, and figuring out the billing thing has been a trial for them!  I think I have it straightened out now, at least as to what they need to re-submit it as to get it covered.  I ended up with a nice, helpful person on the other end of the phone at least.

Today is Law Day!  DD is looking forward to the actual event after all this time.  We're both ushering, plus she of course is attending.  I think it'll be really interesting.  I read the case briefs too so I think I'm up to speed on it all.  Before Law Day is music lesson, and afterwards she sees her nutritionist.  And tonight after supper I have to go back to town and get groceries.  No rest for the wicked, evidently.

We are to get very significant flooding this weekend, because there's 2-4" more rain to hit tonight thru Friday morning.  The water hasn't even fully receded from the last flood...plus the ground is completely saturated.  Last week's flood crested at 27 feet.  The next flood is predicted to crest at 32 feet.  In 1986...the "big flood"...it crested at 34 feet and the town was inundated.  That was the only time my parents' basement ever flooded (thankfully not badly!)  At least there's warning.  We got a fax just before I left work, from emergency management, with that info in it, which is more than the weather forecasts are saying at this point.  So I was able to warn my parents and the neighbors (who actually flooded worse except it was before they lived there).  My dad is going to empty out his shed today and secure it with a cable, and work on figuring out how to prevent water coming in the basement if possible.  They just got repairs done in the basement...last week.  As in, whole new shower, etc.  So I hope it doesn't flood.  We're none of us as young as we were in 1986 when we carried everything, and I mean everything, up out of the basement as the water was coming in.  Only things we didn't move were the piano, freezer, and washer/dryer...and those got put up on blocks.  So not fun!!!!!  Praying the rain stays away.  I would be happy with sunshine, truly.  I'd even take 100 degrees if it would help the extra water evaporate!

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-17-2013 - 8:54am

Yuck, insurance hassels.  Hope you got it straightened out and covered.   Yuck on the flooding too.  Sending sunny dry thoughts your way.

Law day sounds like a great experience.  I thought you lived in a tiny town, but you have access to many cool happenings!.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-17-2013 - 9:06am

We did not sleep well last night.  DH found out that one of his major clients is closing its doors.  DH use to work for this client and it is sad to see their employees out of jobs, but it is made more difficult because the employees don't know yet.  It weighs heavily on DH that he knows and they don't.  They were calling yesterday with business as usual questions.

This morning I'm working on laundry and dishes.  Zeph has 4 school items to finish this morning.  Around lunch we will leave for homeschool bowling.  I know he'll want to go to a friend's house after bowling ( mom wil ltake him from there), but I drive 2 other friends to and from bowling.  Is it weird not to have DS in my car while I take his friends home?  He has 3 more school  assignments to finish after.  Tennis is scheduled for tonight, but I think it will be rained out again:( 

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-17-2013 - 9:27am

Insurance makes us all crazy. How not to pay for a benefit of the consumer seems to be there game! Why don't terrorist bomb corporate headquarters instead of innocent runners? If they hate America go after the money makers, not us silly citizens who run around in circles for fun. YES....trying to make jokes because I can't stand innocent loss of life, esp. of the young and innocent.  I tell ya if I see a bag sitting around without an owner near by I am going to ask Q...of people around it, and or be the nosy person who opens the bag. I might die, if it is set to go off if tampared with or I might get the place cleared out and the bomb squad there, to take it apart before it blows!  Yes,...this stuff is still in my mind. I am not afraid but I do get mad that it continues to happen to innocent folks, who do not deserve to be harmed.

On better news...I woke up with the least pain this morning in my knee, that I have had since injury. I hope that is a sign it really is trying to heal. Or I rested it enough yesterday that it made a difference in pain. Maybe I can concentrate better soon, seeing pain going down, less advil and tylenol needed! Or perhaps it will hurt like crazy later and this is just an illusion of my mind that wont last. 

Plenty of to-do here. I don't want to write about it, I just have to do it.

Have a safe and happy day!

Heather  

Community Leader
Fri, 04-19-2013 - 2:09pm

The insurance ended up being easy.  For some reason, ds' counseling was registered as "day treatment", which is not covered.  That baffled the counselor because she didn't submit it that way...or at least she didn't think she did!  Anyway, resubmitting the bill should solve the problem.  Hopefully.

We live in a very small town...but 10 minutes away from a bigger town.  The larger city where I work has a population of 40K, so yes, still small.  I like to say it's a small city with large city amenities.  

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting