Wednesday Homeschool Recess 4/24

Community Leader
Wednesday Homeschool Recess 4/24
Wed, 04-24-2013 - 7:48am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

It's morning.  At work. And it's snowing.  That's a triple whammy.  Sigh.

DD has her music lesson this morning, and ds has a date with his daddy to put together some new office furniture at the PD this afternoon.  Aside from that, they both have a fairly laid-back day.  I think that's deserved, as busy as we've been so far this week.  Moms don't get the luxury though, do they?

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-24-2013 - 8:53am

Cold dreary day.  Looks more like the start of winter than the middle of spring. We've got math, history, and literature today.   DH has some errands to do later and I think he'll bring DS with him.  Tonight is tennis.        

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-24-2013 - 9:31am

I would like a "normal day." They are just not happening at all. Priority...pool...physical therapy, fix knee now! One kid to the dentist, educate and live life as we try and learn about it too.  Still not completly done with calendar work...more apts. for more Dr.'s to make just for prevention stuff. I get so tired of Dr.'s and healthcare and education and lifeskills....I wanna play, I need play time bad! Yet, not with healing work, bad knees...healing my self work and jobs, tons of jobs to do. BOO HOO.

Have a happy hump day....

Heather  

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-24-2013 - 10:50am

This morning I received an email reminding me of a field trip I booked ages.  It is next week.  I had no idea it was next week.  May is next week!  None of the new activities has made it into my planner.  I need to update that today.   Ths morning I I did call and  invite my mom and grandma to a Mother's Day lunch at our house.  I also planned the menu.    Hoping the weather is good so we can go for a walk or plant flowers.  Now to work on Zeph's birthday plans.  

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-24-2013 - 11:09am

How is K1's foot?  Hopefully she is healing quickly. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-24-2013 - 12:16pm

Cold and cloudy and here....I walked to work with dh and could see that the very tops of the 7000ft+ mountains are in the clouds, and there's a dustry brown layer trapped under the cloud ceiling at the horizon. Yesterday was supposedly the day when there's a 90% chance the last frost has happened, but it was 24F last Friday morning and 31F this morning...39F now. The pet plants will stay inside for a while longer...had put them out but had to bring them back inside. Anyway I forgot the paper I needed to take to work, so instead cleaned the old grey thermally conductive goo off the heat sinks for a dual processor motherboard so that if and when the motherboard gets fixed, the sinks will be ready for the new goo that keeps the processor chips from overheating. Today will be the 10th and last day day I have to go to town out of 11 consecutive days...we missed only last Thursday. Fortunately classes are coming to an end. We have a mariachi concert on Tuesday, dd19's final project is due on Wednesday, and then the next week will be spent cleaning the print lab. And then... a whole new set of activities. I have only the vaguest notion of how everything will fit together...it would help if the Money Fairy that Heather mentioned would pay us a visit! So...the washer has dinged so I'm going to hang clothes first, then try to get some work done & decide if I'm going to make my family eat Lasagna two days in a row or actually make something new, and then we go to town: class for dd19, 3 violin lessons for me, Ultimate frisbee for dd15. Deborah

This webcam images shows dusty fog from yesterday morning.  The fog burnt off but it was very dusty all day!

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-24-2013 - 7:20pm
I get so tired of scheduling everyone around me. Yes...again it is time to schedule stuff....Dr. education even play will not happen unless someone has a little moment of pre planning and that someone always has to be me. I hate that. Feeling a bit over life as it is today. But I did have fun in the big pool even with only one good leg today. My swim student was thrilled I got in the big pool with her, it had been weeks. I am having pie with dinner, that helps me appreciate crappy life stuff, if I can eat pie. H.
Community Leader
Thu, 04-25-2013 - 1:11pm

PD furniture assembly went well...but...it's far from being done.  They got the chair assembled and got as far as "step 7 of 30" on the desk but had to quit so they could pick up Subway to take home for supper so dh could go back to work!  So, I think they have a date tomorrow and Sunday to work on the project more.  After the desk is the hutch to go on the desk, and a filing cabinet.  No tsure why he needed all this fancy furniture, just because the PD got painted, LOL.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting