Wednesday Homeschool Recess 5/15

Community Leader
Wednesday Homeschool Recess 5/15
Wed, 05-15-2013 - 2:59am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out and play.  It's recess time!

Oh happy day, there are finally morel mushrooms growing in our yard!  Last year's crop was very small, and I think we've already exceeded in just one day, the total number last year.  They're very small...some not yet fully emerged from the ground...but they're there!  I knew last weekend's rain, with warmer temps this week, would bring them on.  Happy dance, happy dance Laughing

Dd is going to the church school to help with their field day event today, and aside from that, nobody has anything going.  If I get my act in gear enough, I will get groceries.  Otherwise, I will not.  I guess we'll see how strong my brain cells feel when I wake up this afternoon, LOL.  DH informed me that he'll be going in to work, so I won't have to fix a big dinner or be home at a certain time, so today is looking like a logical shopping day.

I have a breakfast option when I get off work.  This is National Hospital Week, so I could go to the private dining room for bagels & cream cheese, fruit, yogurt, and drinks.  Or, I could just go home.  Hmmmmm.  Find a parking spot and walk?  Or go home and go to bed?  I wonder which will win.  The awake side of me says, go get free food.  The sleepy side of me disagrees, LOL.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-15-2013 - 9:39am

The food or sleep thing in my brain is difficult too. As in wake up and eat at midnight? That has to be bad, but chocolate in my room, and my brain must be dreaming about it, I wake up not fully awake and eat the chocolate. I have to stop keeping it stashed in my room. Plus it draws in kids. They always find chocolate, they sneak in and find me eating it, then I have to share. So then they want to stay in there, watch my TV, listen to my music, eat my chocolate and I end up with 3 big kids and 2 dogs all in or around my bed. I just wanted to hide in there by myself....NOPE, and it is hard to make them go away. They are all so cute and friendly when there is chocolate to share. Plus if my room is clean, then they are cluttering up my clean space! Then I start remembering they will all soon be grown up and go away....fine clutter my room, eat my chocolate, I never win. They can help keep me thinner if I have to share the chocolate. Right? 

I have an appointment, followed by school work, chores....need to vaccum! Then nice weather maybe more gardening. I was walking around gardening outside yesterday and found more flowers that came from no where, from last year! Annuals? I don't think all the flowers are marked correctly, because I have them pop back into life, from last year! My compost must be really rich stuff, to grow annuals into another year, after a long....snowy winter. I did not even get to do all the composty work this year, so actually bought some stuff in a bag. I hope it does not mess up my chemicals of home made stuff that works well! I love walking around the garden and finding a flower I did not know would be back! I love the growing season! Knee is working better, I will be outside using it! 

:)      Heather 

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-15-2013 - 9:40am

Good morning.  Zeph and DH just left for a field trip.  DH is just dropping him off and will pick him up later.  It's 4 hours of outdoor plant adaptation investigations and collecting followed by microscope use and comparing/contrasting species.  This is a venue that is notorius for being homeschool unfriendly (they really are set up for school groups) and I jumped at the chance for him to go since their classes are suppose to be excellent. I hope he has fun.  Tonight he has his coached bowling league and DH will also drive for that which gives me a mostly free day.    

I am wanting ot bake Z's birthday cake, dust his room and change his bedding, some outside weeding and mulch spreading and a bit of work in the garage plus laundry and dishes.   Maybe a trip to target to pick up aa 2nd table and chairs for the upper deck.  This garden project is a much large undertaking than we expected andc more costly.  Last night it took us over and hour to clear the trellis of dead branches.  We decided to make the existing garden smaller so today.  DH is going to work on it today (I think he only has one call) and hoepfully progress will be made.

MIL said she is plannign to visit in late June and I am not freaking out.  I did say she could stay here the entire time rather than here 2 nights and at SIL's 2 nights.  She seemed pleased.  I would like the backyard finished so she comes to see our vision rather than mid vision. I'm off to work!

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-15-2013 - 3:05pm

We had a great edu day...got all the basics in PLUS...

Art, Music, dance....yes dance for me, by a kid who learned something from lessons and it counts as Phy ed. for sure! I made it to my appointment. I Have dinner planned, and no where I must be for after school running (someone will need shopping for something probably, never fails) so glad my knee is on the mend. We enjoyed some nature study after filling bird feeders, tons of golden finches...20 in the yard! I kid you NOT! I hope everyone gets homework and relaxation tonight! We need it, Spring banquets, and commitments have been very busy.Yet great to celebrate acchievements for my wonderful family. I am just happy my knee is working better again! H.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-16-2013 - 8:44am

Glad you had such a productive day.

I did too. After carrying the new patio stuff  up to the deck, my body was telling me to be done.  The upper deck looks good with the new furntiure.  Now I just have to add the hanging basket and a windchime and my little sanctuary will be complete:)   I did not get to the mid level deck, I was done outside.  I moved inside and worked on ironing, laundry, and dishes.  

Zeph said the field trip was great-hands on and small group work.  Bowling went well too.  This league is much smaller than the one during the school year and he is receiving much more coaching which makes him happy:) 

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-16-2013 - 8:48am

Glad you had such a productive day.

I did too. After carrying the new patio stuff  up to the deck, my body was telling me to be done.  The upper deck looks good with the new furntiure.  Now I just have to add the hanging basket and a windchime and my little sanctuary will be complete:)   I did not get to the mid level deck, I was done outside.  I moved inside and worked on ironing, laundry, and dishes.  

Zeph said the field trip was great-hands on and small group work.  Bowling went well too.  This league is much smaller than the one during the school year and he is receiving much more coaching which makes him happy:)