Weekend Wiggles 1/19 & 1/20

Community Leader
Weekend Wiggles 1/19 & 1/20
Sat, 01-19-2013 - 8:16am

Hey moms and grandmas.  Come on out and play.  Weekends are for fun too!

I hope all of you have a good weekend.  I'm watching our snow melt...again...and not liking it!  Today it's up to 42 and it never got below freezing last night.  Drip drip drip.  The arctic blast will arrive tonight...but probably not before we're back to bare brown again.  Grrrrr.  They "say" flurries are possible the next few days.  Storm.  Storm is what we want.  Not flurries.  

We're off to church in a few minutes...then home to scrounge for lunch and chill the rest of the day.  I'm ready for the refreshing of a chill day.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-19-2013 - 9:55am

We were going to an ice harvesting event, but the ice is not hard enough.  Then we thought we would go see the bald eagels at the state park, but it is not raining out.  Instead, WE (not me, but we) will do laundry, clean the shower and kitchen, vacuum,  and do some schoolwork.  Zeph is really enjoying where we are in history (battles of the Civil War) and is eager to keep reading and writing.  Who am I to say no?  I too would like a big snow storm, but preferably next week. 

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-19-2013 - 11:23am

The forecast here is weird because the nights are often a lot warmer than predicted. It hasn't been below 32F since Thursday morning in the wee hours, when the temperature started rising right after midnight. Last night was 40F and now it's 50F. Tonight is supposed to be 17F, but considering that the last couple of nights were supposed to be well below freezing, I'm skeptical. So the ground cover that we've had since the 3rd will be gone.  

dh is at work.  The dd's are in bed, although I roused the younger to put her doglets out for a few minutes.  The four foster kittens sprang off her bed when I opened her door: they are about a pound each now and very cute, 3 almost solid grays and a black.  I didn't get enough sleep AGAIN...forgot dh had to be at work at eight for an equipment change and also to tweak a program.  So...now I need to rouse myself before everyone gets up and go unpack and install a computer in the office and maybe get some other stuff done. 

Last night as a part of my book ordering spree I bought an old edition of a college algebra/trig/analytic geometry book (despite the fact that I have a shelf of math books) because dd19 has decided that this spring is the right time to de gap her math knowledge, before she goes off to art school or whatever.  She also expressed a desire to play the Pachelbel canon, but by the time I had printed out the music, she was "over" it.  Then the younger one said she'd like to play it.  (Young violinists always think it is the most beautiful music in the world, until they've played it badly at enough weddings to be thoroughly sick of it.Wink)  But (confession) I've never got "over" it.

Deborah

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 10:07am
SNOW, SNOW, We want SNOW! All we got is cold and brown. :( H.
Community Leader
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 2:46am

LOL, your Pachelbel opinion.  Check out this version Surprised http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yflWG-e38OU.  When I was a teenager, some numbskull called the local public radio station every single Friday and requested the Canon.  Oy.  I do still enjoy playing it.  Well, a violin part.  Not so much the cello part Wink

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting