~~~Weekend Wiggles~~~ 2/16 & 2/17

Community Leader
~~~Weekend Wiggles~~~ 2/16 & 2/17
Sat, 02-16-2013 - 8:00am

Hey moms and grandmas, come on out.  Weekends are for fun too!

It's snowing today.  Hopefully that doesn't make for terribly bad roads.  If the forecast is correct, we're supposed to get an inch or less.  Hmmmmm...shall we believe that?  Or not.  We're headed out to a youth event...not terribly far away, but we're going there instead of to our church.  The focus is creation, so it should be interesting.  Both of my kids have heard the speaker before and like him.  We're not staying for the whole day because we're going to a local production of Romeo & Juliet tonight.  Yay, my first Shakespeare, LOL.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

Community Leader
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 7:40am

Busy weekend...obviously since I never made it back online, LOL.  Isn't a weekend off supposed to mean "some time to relax"?  How does that not work???

DS really liked Romeo & Juliet Saturday night...medieval English and all.  DD said he was catching some aspects of the plot even before she was, and she enjoys reading Shakespeare!  It was a looooong show though...90 minute first act, and 80 minute second act.  It started at 8 pm.  I would have signed us up to usher for a matinee except the only matinee is at the same time as my orchestra concert next Sunday.

Sue

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-18-2013 - 8:50am

Let's see, Friday night we went over to an aquaintances's home for dessert and to talk homeschooling.  She and her husband wanted to see teacher guides and what K12 looked like and out math program.  They pulled their son out Friday after thinking about it a while and while excited, they are freaked out too. 

Saturday Zeph had bowling (DH drove) and I stayed home to clean.  Z. and DH went to Target and grocery shopping.  We had a family game afternoon.

Sunday DH and Z went to the Field Museum for the day. I got so much accomplished! I unpacked another box of weird stuff stuff from the garage and cleaned it and found it a home or tossed it. In the kitchen, I  reorganized some problematic cabinets and ddD the same with a closet. I also had time to do mounds of laundry and iron.    DH has another trip next this upcoming week so it was nice for them to have some time together. They were back in time for dinner.  DS and I watched the next epidsode of Ken Burns documentary before bed.

Community Leader
Tue, 02-19-2013 - 1:24pm

Ah, lucky you, with time to yourself on a weekend.  I guess I'll have mine for two weeks in April.  Blech.  I should find a child to borrow for those two weeks Wink

Sue